Mahoney's letter to Rubin | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney's letter to Rubin

Millhouse

Living Legend
Last edited:
Love how this is now being played out in the "paper" like some serial drama. Maybe the PS becomes relevant again.​

Guy wrote an article out of his arse without doing any background work. I stand by her on this one

Maybe so but the whole thing reminds me of an argument between a couple of bent lovers. She should have taken the high road and responded without the attitude. No need for the personal attacks even if he did make some first. He was writing an opinion piece, she is an elected official making an official statement from the County Executive office. Stick to the facts, let the public ridicule.

People are complaining about Miner's attitude?

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....sts_criticism_of_pr.html#incart_river_default

Details about this sort of thing should be shared with the public. We can't all call her to gather her precious wisdom

She is a baby. Wah public service is so hard.

Also, she doesn't know what an ad hominem is and doesn't even try to cite one of his "ad hominem attacks"

I think she took offense at being called a "credulous sidekick". It's insulting, dismissive and disrespectful. With that one phrase he's stating as fact that Mahoney isn't worth listening and you can dismiss anything she has to say on the matter because she just a parrot/lapdog of the Gov instead of someone working to improve the community she was elected to manage. I'd say that fits the definition.

I just hope this leads to a new stadium being built. The city needs something positive and I don't see any other major opportunities out there do you? I think it would be great.

I think she took offense at being called a "credulous sidekick". It's insulting, dismissive and disrespectful. With that one phrase he's stating as fact that Mahoney isn't worth listening and you can dismiss anything she has to say on the matter because she just a parrot/lapdog of the Gov instead of someone working to improve the community she was elected to manage. I'd say that fits the definition.
i agree it was insulting but not every insult is an ad hominem attack.

Fits the definition of what? Mahoney? Yeah I'd agree with that. She is the Gov's lapdog and everyone knows it. Truth hurts and she reacted badly.

http://statepolitics.lohudblogs.com...comes-to-cuomos-defense-on-unfunded-mandates/

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index...._moreland_commission_wont_investigate_cu.html

i agree it was insulting but not every insult is an ad hominem attack.

Well it is in this case.

"Credulous sidekick", "Destiny's Children". Don't listen to those dopes, listen to me, the white tower giant of academia.

"Sidekick" might be considered pejorative, but "credulous" fits Mahoney perfectly on this matter. She's been completely uncritical in parroting the state's official line.

Nothing wrong with pointing that out, and certainly not an ad hominem attack.

Does this mean he's being left off the task force?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom