Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shooting below 40% from the field

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Lack of productivity from backcourt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anomander

Living Legend
Seemingly everyone wants to blame the officials for the loss so I have attached a poll. I think it would be interesting to see the results. Personally I think the last call was brutal, but it wasn't the reason we lost the game. We can't continue to shoot so poorly from the field. It's not like we weren't getting good looks either. I lost count of how many easy shots within 10 feet that we missed. As for officiating obviously the final blown call stands out, but I thought it was pretty inconsistent the whole game.

So what's everyone's opinion on the reason we lost?

anomander said:
Seemingly everyone wants to blame the officials for the loss so I have attached a poll. I think it would be interesting to see the results. Personally I think the last call was brutal, but it wasn't the reason we lost the game. We can't continue to shoot so poorly from the field. It's not like we weren't getting good looks either. I lost count of how many easy shots within 10 feet that we missed. As for officiating obviously the final blown call stands out, but I thought it was pretty inconsistent the whole game. So what's everyone's opinion on the reason we lost?

Guards were 3-19

The number one reason, as previously mentioned, was the guard play.

We had a 9 point lead and that was followed by Ennis, Cooney (and proly CJ) playing terribly for a stretch that allowed Duke to get the momentum back. You can argue that Ennis was being fouled up the wazoooo with the hand checks, but they all seemed rattled by the pressure. Combine that with the guards horrendous shooting numbers and you got the top reason we lost.

The number one reason, as previously mentioned, was the guard play.

We had a 9 point lead and that was followed by Ennis, Cooney (and proly CJ) playing terribly for a stretch that allowed Duke to get the momentum back. You can argue that Ennis was being fouled up the wazoooo with the hand checks, but they all seemed rattled by the pressure. Combine that with the guards horrendous shooting numbers and you got the top reason we lost.

Yeah, that offensive dry spell after we were up 17-8 I think was huge. Totally brought momentum back to them like you said. I think that's when some of the Keita putback attempt specials were happening.

id go with option 5 poor shooting at the back half of the first half. Since we did shoot 51% in the second half can't stay straight shooting

All of the above is the correct answer. You're asking the question because you want people not to blame the refs but blame other aspects of the game. They all matter and they all mattered yesterday. We lost for all those reasons. The good thing for me is that shooting slumps come and go. We'll break out of ours at some point - hopefully soon!

Missing too many bunnies.

upload_2014-2-23_17-57-36.jpeg

All of the above is the correct answer. You're asking the question because you want people not to blame the refs but blame other aspects of the game. They all matter and they all mattered yesterday. We lost for all those reasons. The good thing for me is that shooting slumps come and go. We'll break out of ours at some point - hopefully soon!
I think this the right answer because they all boiled down to the last call and jb. and1 maybe we win, no call? We just don't know what would happen if the last call (not counting t's) was different

Pretty sure I mentioned in one of the threads (might have had too much beer if there is such a thing) that Syracuse lost it in the first half when we were up at least 6 and had an opportunity to extend the lead time after time, but it was just brick after brick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom