Major Event at Carrier Dome is Paul McCartney | Syracusefan.com

Major Event at Carrier Dome is Paul McCartney

Oops. SOrry for the new thread. Missed this 1. What a fantastic get for the Dome!

That is cool as hell... Any way to get advance tickets before general public sales if STH? I'd love to catch this.

Tagging OrangeDB here because he may know who to contact...

On one hand, his Super Bowl performance was pretty flat a couple years ago. It's no surprise that an ex-smoker in his 70s would have lost some range, but it wasn't great.

On the other hand, it's Paul McCartney at the Dome. Worth a look!

On one hand, his Super Bowl performance was pretty flat a couple years ago. It's no surprise that an ex-smoker in his 70s would have lost some range, but it wasn't great.

On the other hand, it's Paul McCartney at the Dome. Worth a look!
Worth a look? Hell yeah, this is likely your last chance to see someone that changed everything.

I'd have gone planned on going if I wasn't going to be in Baton Rouge that night. I saw him at Yankee Stadium a few years back and he was incredible! He's a freakin' Beatle after all!!

I'd have gone planned on going if I wasn't going to be in Baton Rouge that night. I saw him at Yankee Stadium a few years back and he was incredible! He's a freakin' Beatle after all!!

Crap, that's a pretty big conflict. Unlike our home football games, the LSU game's probably going to be at night.

Although the Beatles broke up shortly before I was born, I am a huge Beatles fan. If you like The Beatles and haven't checked out beatlesbible.com, you should. They have stories and quotes about every album and every single song they have recorded. Including recording information. I think I have read about every song.

That is cool as hell... Any way to get advance tickets before general public sales if STH? I'd love to catch this.

Tagging OrangeDB here because he may know who to contact...

Honestly I am not sure with concerts. I saw the sale goes on May 1 but I would call on of the below people just to get the scoop on how to go about it. We as sales rep were always left in the dark but they can find out the process for sure. Number is 315-443...(last 4 pictured far right)

upload_2017-4-25_9-40-50.png

Honestly I am not sure with concerts. I saw the sale goes on May 1 but I would call on of the below people just to get the scoop on how to go about it. We as sales rep were always left in the dark but they can find out the process for sure. Number is 315-443...(last 4 pictured far right)

View attachment 95599
Always Johnny on the Spot! Thanks much DB!

Always Johnny on the Spot! Thanks much DB!

Also shows how far SU still needs to go ... our 'account executives' never really sell concert tickets. Only did if someone called in and we felt we should. I believe that is changing now with new administration but it's silly to think your most experienced phone salesmen wouldn't sell concert tickets as well.

Also shows how far SU still needs to go ... our 'account executives' never really sell concert tickets. Only did if someone called in and we felt we should. I believe that is changing now with new administration but it's silly to think your most experienced phone salesmen wouldn't sell concert tickets as well.
Agreed. Most venues use a service like LiveNation, et al. Considering that Syracuse already has the infrastructure to handle season and single game ticket marketing and sales, I would think that giving a % of the ticket sales to a promoter is a complete waste of coin.

Agreed. Most venues use a service like LiveNation, et al. Considering that Syracuse already has the infrastructure to handle season and single game ticket marketing and sales, I would think that giving a % of the ticket sales to a promoter is a complete waste of coin.
Especially for an event like Paul McCartney that will sell out, no matter what. But, maybe the tour itself has commitments to ticket agencies for all stops?

Especially for an event like Paul McCartney that will sell out, no matter what. But, maybe the tour itself has commitments to ticket agencies for all stops?

Usually with concerts there's an agency or promoter who gets a % of all available inventory. Live Nation did for Luke Bryan and they do pre sales before the Carrier Dome can. I remeber LN taking like 50% of the inventory so if there was 20 sets of floorseats, LN had 10 of them (evenly spread out though)

Better hope that rumor about air conditioning coming to the Dome sooner than later comes true for all you folks planning on going. Could potentially be oppressive in there in mid-late September.

Better hope that rumor about air conditioning coming to the Dome sooner than later comes true for all you folks planning on going. Could potentially be oppressive in there in mid-late September.
I am just wondering what it would be like to hear Blackbird from about a mile away. Probably not the best big stadium song, but he has to play it, right?

Although the Beatles broke up shortly before I was born, I am a huge Beatles fan. If you like The Beatles and haven't checked out beatlesbible.com, you should. They have stories and quotes about every album and every single song they have recorded. Including recording information. I think I have read about every song.

This site is awesome. I'm not getting any work done this morning.

I am just wondering what it would be like to hear Blackbird from about a mile away. Probably not the best big stadium song, but he has to play it, right?

Once I realized there's the LSU conflict, that thought crossed my mind. We could hear monster trucks clearly from our house during the event last month, and could hear some of Billy Joel's concert a couple years ago. Drums and bass, mostly.

This site is awesome. I'm not getting any work done this morning.
Sorry, I know the feeling. I love the quotes from all the Beatles, George Martin and the engineers. All the information about all the dates each song was recorded, how many takes, equipment used...

Sorry, I know the feeling. I love the quotes from all the Beatles, George Martin and the engineers. All the information about all the dates each song was recorded, how many takes, equipment used...

I can't wait to check the site out. That being said, I've got too much on my plate the next couple of days and will have to wait until later in the week. I know that once I check it out, there will be no turning back.

I can't wait to check the site out. That being said, I've got too much on my plate the next couple of days and will have to wait until later in the week. I know that once I check it out, there will be no turning back.
For sure. I spent weeks, just jumping from song to song, listening as I read about them. I understood and appreciated each song even more.

For sure. I spent weeks, just jumping from song to song, listening as I read about them. I understood and appreciated each song even more.

Somehow I never knew (or forgot) that they recorded the Abbey Road medley in one take. Very cool.

View attachment 95599

Dan Paulun was good to work with for my bball tix. Of course I was working with John who left and referred me to DB who left and referred me to a different Kyle who left who referred me to Dan. But all 4 were very helpful - I 100% recommend to be working with them than just buying over the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom