Major props to Dorian Graham | Syracusefan.com

Major props to Dorian Graham

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Looks like he had his coming out party tonight. Great catches, great YAC, and an absolutely amazing kickoff return TD. He really made a major leap forward tonight.

Looks like he had his coming out party tonight. Great catches, great YAC, and an absolutely amazing kickoff return TD. He really made a major leap forward tonight.

He kind of had it against Tulane. I thought his play in that game was the most optimistic takeaway. And he built on that tonight. That one handed catch on the covered slant, work outside, shows his confidence right now.

By the way he has to be the strangest looking super fast guy I've ever seen. Complete glider. That entire KO return it was like his knees never bent.

Marrone called for someone to step up and make plays before Tulane and DG has done just that the last 2 games. Major kudos to him.

Word, he did his best Spotwood impression tonight. This is the closest an SU team has looked to our 80s & 90s glory days in over a decade. Great offense, strong defense & solid scoring special teams. BRILLIANT

He kind of had it against Tulane. I thought his play in that game was the most optimistic takeaway. And he built on that tonight. That one handed catch on the covered slant, work outside, shows his confidence right now.

By the way he has to be the strangest looking super fast guy I've ever seen. Complete glider. That entire KO return it was like his knees never bent.

I remember a couple of weeks ago someone slamming Rob Moore. If Moore's gonna be slammed you gotta give him credit for Graham. Dorien has really stepped it up. He couldn't catch a cold last year and he's now displaying great hands. But he's also getting open against press coverage. It's one thing to catch a ball that hits you right in the chest it's another to be making one handed grabs. He was fantastic tonight.

It's all about consistancy so I hope he keeps it up.

Lemon and Chew both did good things tonight, but have to think Graham and Kobena have the potential to put a different type of stress on a defense with their straight-line speed.

Lemon and Chew both did good things tonight, but have to think Graham and Kobena have the potential to put a different type of stress on a defense with their straight-line speed.
Throw two fast guys out there like Kobena and Graham, and all of a sudden Lemon and Chew become much more dangerous.

Also, Jarrod West displayed some nice hands tonight. Hope he continues to improve to add to the WR depth.

Loved the juke move on the CB.

Dorion was in the zone.

Lemon made a couple nice ones too ... especially that one where he prevented a pick and somehow came up with the catch.

Great YAC, and the KO return was HUGE. Graham has worked his tail off, and I love seeing him get great results.

10171018-standard.jpg

The juke was impressive, but so was the seemingly effortless burst after he crossed the 50 that separated him from the pursuit.

That is some serious speed that we need to exploit further.

Throw two fast guys out there like Kobena and Graham, and all of a sudden Lemon and Chew become much more dangerous.

Also, Jarrod West displayed some nice hands tonight. Hope he continues to improve to add to the WR depth.

West had that one-handed catch for a first down. When they showed the replay, it was amazing he even caught the football.

That pic will be used without your permission for my wallpaper.

What was also great about the return was that at the end, the only two guys who could run with Graham were Desir and Kobena. I thought that was promising.

What was also great about the return was that at the end, the only two guys who could run with Graham were Desir and Kobena. I thought that was promising.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Marrone has really improved the overall speed of this team.

...enjoyed his look back to see who was closing on him...but all he really saw were his two teammates...

Something different tonight...we played with emotion as well as skill...Cuse sometimes doesnt have the emotional part on a high level...we had it at kickoff all the way to the end...superlative game

I'm watching the replay right now and watching that return was like watching a knife cut through hot butter. It was just so smooth. He doesn't look like he's burning, but kid can move. It's like Eric Clapton playing the guitar. Ok...enough similes.

And that was important, especially since Desir ran some [minor] interference with that guy trying to chase Graham down.

I was impressed that those guys ran hard, and didn't just "watch" from behind. Great, great hustle.

Graham had an unbelievable game.

I hope this is a sign that he is beginning to emerge at WR, because the team is sorely lacking playmakers, and if Graham can consistently provide some of what we saw last night...

I love how he catches the ball with his hands. You can tell he's really been coached. Also, we all hear he is the fastest guy on the team but before his KO return, I can't recall ever watching him run full tilt. I believe it was Richy Desir behind him, looked like he was keeping up pretty well. I was impressed.