Make Jabari A Jump Shooter | Syracusefan.com

Make Jabari A Jump Shooter

iommi

Living Legend
That's a huge key. Keep him off the glass and make him shoot from the outside, not inside. It will be very interesting to watch if our centers come out to guard him inside the foul line or give him the 14 footer. I expect K to make Parker the playmaker inside the foul area but he may also run him on our baseline as well.

That's a huge key. Keep him off the glass and make him shoot from the outside, not inside. It will be very interesting to watch if our centers come out to guard him inside the foul line or give him the 14 footer. I expect K to make Parker the playmaker inside the foul area but he may also run him on our baseline as well.
Digger talked about Porter killing us at the foul line area last year at the Dome, which was accurate. No sure if Parker can match what Porter did though; Porter had played against the zone several times before that. Jabari will be playing a road game atmosphere that he's never seen in his life, against a D he's pretty much never seen in his life, against a bunch of long athletes. Not saying Jabari isn't dangerous, but for a freshman to sit in that spot and make split second decisions is really tough. Porter was a surgeon in that game last year, but the first time you see the zone it's really daunting.

Parker is a better offensive player than Porter. In fact, I think he's the best offensive player in the country. I don't think he'll be scared of this atmosphere/defense. Let him get his points and stick with the other guys. I'm more worried about Hood/Dawkins going off to be honest.

Parker is a better offensive player than Porter. In fact, I think he's the best offensive player in the country. I don't think he'll be scared of this atmosphere/defense. Let him get his points and stick with the other guys. I'm more worried about Hood/Dawkins going off to be honest.
While I agree that Parkers skill set is elite, if scores 33 like Porter did last year, we probably lose. It's fair to be worried about Hood/Dawkins, but if we can limit Parker, it will be alot harder for Duke to win. I'm not sure they can win if Jabari goes 4/12 from the field with 10pts, no matter what Dawkins/Hood do

Cuse lost last year because they couldn't score, not because of Porter. Focusing on Parker too much can give open 3s to very good shooters. Duke wins this game if Dawkins/Hood combine for more than 30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom