Make sure to tune into the news conference | Syracusefan.com

Make sure to tune into the news conference

SWC75

Bored Historian
Hopefully Bud will be there:

Carmelo Anthony appears to be unwanted, but no one should cry for him

"Melo, now 32 and, according to nature's immutable law, eroding after 131/2 NBA campaigns, has become something of a bad penny."

"Carmelo Anthony, a man of profound self-belief who just might have a bedside alarm clock that applauds rather than rings, appears to be unwanted."

"Thus, Carmelo Anthony -- not muscular enough to lift a flawed club to mediocrity -- remains a member (hostage?) of the Knicks, who are 20-27 and planted in the 11-hole in the Eastern Conference's eight-team playoff race."

JB's not going to let that pass. Bud is going to have multiple defecation options.

The "rings" nonsense. I cannot stand when people use that about Melo and turn a blind eye to the trash teams he's played on. Maybe...maybe, Lebron and only Lebron could take some of the Melo teams to the Finals, but I doubt that as well.

I guess Bud enjoys beta-male rings chasers like KD and the like.

"Carmelo Anthony, a man of profound self-belief who just might have a bedside alarm clock that applauds rather than rings . . .
For some reason this line really bothered me. It suggests things that Bud has absolutely no idea about. I hope JB gives Bud a classic five minute explanation of why Bud is an idiot. I doubt Bud has the cajones to show up today.

He has a distinct and easily-recognizable writing style. Unfortunately that style is bizarre and unreadable. Sometimes I don't look at the byline, get two sentences in, suddenly realize who wrote it and stop immediately. I'm pretty sure it would still have been unreadable in the 1930s, which seems to be the schtick he's going for.

Bud is an idiot and it's a poor article but I can see why teams wouldn't want Melo.

Bud's schtick is to be 50% observer of society and 50% imp. The observer is readable. The imp is insufferable.

I am a knick fan, and, of course, a Carmelo fan. I think Melo has played pretty solidly for most of the season. The problem is a superstar making the kind of dollars that Melo makes is supposed to carry his team to victory in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately for Melo, he has had too many scoreless or near scoreless 4th quarters & too many crunchtime misses this season in the final few seconds with the game on the line. Add that to a lack of team D & that is why the knicks are 21 - 27. They should be the reverse.

I am a knick fan, and, of course, a Carmelo fan. I think Melo has played pretty solidly for most of the season. The problem is a superstar making the kind of dollars that Melo makes is supposed to carry his team to victory in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately for Melo, he has had too many scoreless or near scoreless 4th quarters & too many crunchtime misses this season in the final few seconds with the game on the line. Add that to a lack of team D & that is why the knicks are 21 - 27. They should be the reverse.
Take him off that team and they'd be lucky to be 12-36.

Everyone was so excited when Knicks signed Noah and traded for Rose. After 48 games we know why Chicago waved good bye to them. Melo has never had much of a cast to help. He's not LeBron he can't lift the entire team himself. But he has played well and is clearly the best player on the team. If Jackson (who is a fraud and incompetent as a GM) dumps him for next to nothing in return...NYK fans will endure several seasons of sub 25 win teams without him.

But ask yourself this: If Carmelo waltzed into this burg, how many roarers would pack the joint?

I wish we could edit titles. I meant "news conference", of course.

The subject never came up.

Bud must not have bene there nor JB hasn't read the article yet. Maybe you should tune in for next week's radio show instead.

For some reason this line really bothered me. It suggests things that Bud has absolutely no idea about. I hope JB gives Bud a classic five minute explanation of why Bud is an idiot. I doubt Bud has the cajones to show up today.
Bus is too dumb, and too arrogant, to understand that he is dumb.

Bud has gone out of his way to snipe at Carmelo for as long as he has been in the NBA, but that column may be a new low.
Bud dislikes Melo, because Melo for JB a ring.

I wish we could edit titles. I meant "news conference", of course.

The subject never came up.

Bud must not have bene there nor JB hasn't read the article yet. Maybe you should tune in for next week's radio show instead.

You can. Look under "Thread Tools." At the top of the thread in the banner, just to the left of your avatar.

You can. Look under "Thread Tools." At the top of the thread in the banner, just to the left of your avatar.

I don't have anything that says "Thread Tools".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom