Making offers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Making offers

I had a similar conversation with a former ACC guard about the ability to play the same games to compete. He made it clear that your tobacco road powers all have very strong connections ( call then inside guys or whatever) within the NCAA and it's been that way for years. Until that changes, the playing field will not even out. It's the collegiate athletics organization that is too big to fail or too hard to replace or gut and thus here we are. Bias and corruption are no doubt evident but who is going to take on the case of cleaning things up? The FBI stuff brought a lot of intreague about possibly exposing the NCAA but lately it's all crickets. So for now we have to live with being unable to play the game the same way.
Undoubtedly, there is corruption going on. And...I may live in tobacco road now. BUT... I don't identify as a fan of any of the sports teams here (except the Carolina Panthers). IMO you're right there are a lot of influential/wealthy people who are highly motivated to ensure that the power differential doesn't change anytime soon. I just wish SOMEONE had the balls to stand up to them. In other words, beat them at their own game. You want to use a loophole to get UNC off the hook, then we will use the same loophole. I just don't think the game changes unless someone is willing to stand up to Goliath. You may call me a dreamer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom