Making Shots... | Syracusefan.com

Making Shots...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Has obviously been an issue all year, but each of the three main players has shown capable in spurts that they can make shots at any given moment.

If Brissett can provide at least a little bit of a consistent threat from the outside it would really open things up for Battle & Howard.

The majority of teams are still going to zone us, but if Dolezaj can hit the open 15 footer with high regularity and be a threat, and Brissett/Chukwu can simply make wide open layups, we could hopefully get the opposition to play man which would help our offense greatly.

A lot of possibilities and players have shown they can do certain things -- but with young/inexperienced teams, inconsistency is about the only consistent. Hopefully we are at the point where the guys understand what they need to do and have confidence to do it.

I have been impressed with the improvement of Dolezaj with his shot from the key when they leave him unguarded. He has hit a couple over the last two games which he was not able to get earlier this season. Practice is paying dividends.

I have been impressed with the improvement of Dolezaj with his shot from the key when they leave him unguarded. He has hit a couple over the last two games which he was not able to get earlier this season. Practice is paying dividends.

I love Dolezaj at the key & running the O thru him. The ball never sticks & he usually finds the right pass. I, too, like when he can take & make the 15 footer. However, he has to be very wide open to take that shot due to his slow release and his low trajectory. I think he needs to work more on a faster release on that shot than he does on it's accuracy.

Has obviously been an issue all year, but each of the three main players has shown capable in spurts that they can make shots at any given moment.

If Brissett can provide at least a little bit of a consistent threat from the outside it would really open things up for Battle & Howard.

The majority of teams are still going to zone us, but if Dolezaj can hit the open 15 footer with high regularity and be a threat, and Brissett/Chukwu can simply make wide open layups, we could hopefully get the opposition to play man which would help our offense greatly.

A lot of possibilities and players have shown they can do certain things -- but with young/inexperienced teams, inconsistency is about the only consistent. Hopefully we are at the point where the guys understand what they need to do and have confidence to do it.
Brissett's 3-point shooting has improved significantly in conference play, but unfortunately his FG% from inside the arc has gotten worse and he's no longer getting to the line as much.

Brissett's 3-point shooting has improved significantly in conference play, but unfortunately his FG% from inside the arc has gotten worse and he's no longer getting to the line as much.

The reason he has gotten worse is that ACC inside defenders are better than what he saw in OOC play, and the defenders can slack off Chukwu and Dolezaj to prevent Brissett's driving. Expect that to change next season as Bazley provides another threat, and Dolezaj makes a big leap from year to year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom