Many students are not going to the game | Syracusefan.com

Many students are not going to the game

HastingsCuse

2018-19 Iggie ACC Tourney Rcd/SU -Duke Score
because the game is not part of the student season ticket package. The Spring semester starts on Monday so a lot of students are back on campus but are not going to the game because of cost - $26 per person. My son, an SU student, said when he was out last night a majority of the students that he talked to said they were not going because of the cost. $26 is not much is most of us but it is to many of the students. Plus I think the students do not have their usual section behind the basket but are moved to the upper deck behind the basket.

I forgot about the way SU screws over the students with regard to the season ticket packages. Such a crappy nickel and dime thing to do to the kids.

stop buying drugs, booze, and pizza and they can easily afford $26

Not going to happen. $26 can easily get you a six pack of labatt pounders, a handle of Barton's Vodka, and a chipotle burrito for the hungover saturday morning. Maybe even have a few extra dollars to buy a few condoms from your roommate.

Asking them to pay $26 is going too far. I think if their not having their normal section and the tix in their season package at least give them 10 dollar tickets or something.

SU has always screwed its students in BB though. The seats are poor they should have some seats along the court for atmosphere but that won't happen because of $

Sorry, but I would have to side with the students on this one. You have to set priorities in college and that list is probably above basketball on most of their lists. :cool:

Not going to happen. $26 can easily get you a six pack of labatt pounders, a handle of Barton's Vodka, and a chipotle burrito for the hungover saturday morning. Maybe even have a few extra dollars to buy a few condoms from your roommate.
I could buy beer for a month with $26. Screw the burrito and vodka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to stop buying Golden Anniversary.
Dude if a college kid gave me $26 and told him to buy as much beer as it would warrant they could host a fraternity party. Problem is they all spend it on stupid micro brews at $10 a sixer. I need to start teaching a class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaah, a handle of Barton's. Pretty much my best friend during under grad and grad school. Still not sure how we could devour one handle a night, given how AWFUL that brand of vodka really is.

Asking them to pay $26 is going too far. I think if their not having their normal section and the tix in their season package at least give them 10 dollar tickets or something.

SU has always screwed its students in BB though. The seats are poor they should have some seats along the court for atmosphere but that won't happen because of $

That the students don't have midcourt seats anymore is there own fault - too many games where half the bleachers were empty.

They're absolutely screwing the students on this one, though, and it's unfortunate. If dorms are open, student tickets should be honored.

If they stop buying drugs, booze and pizza, they would no longer meet the definition of STUDENTS so the price would be higher.

Oh! You probably meant new condoms. Sorry!

Doesn't SU hand out free condoms these days? If not, why not? Seems to be the prevailing pattern at most "enlightened" college campuses.