March Madness 10 Top Seniors and the 'Cuse Player is | Syracusefan.com

March Madness 10 Top Seniors and the 'Cuse Player is

arbitragegls

All Conference
SCOOP...from ESPN Nation blog looked at the 10 top senior to lead teams in March Madness...good notes on Scoop with both on and off court leadership (think i am mellowing a bit on Scoop). His assist to TO ratio mentioned in BE is darn good.
Surprised KJ didnt get a mention.

3. Scoop Jardine (Syracuse): In March, point guard poise is crucial. A team’s talent pool means little if it doesn’t have a floor leader who can stay under control. Jardine has a 2.5 assist-to-turnover ratio in Big East play (5.8 apg, 2.3 tpg). The senior might not make large contributions to Syracuse’s offensive output in the NCAA tournament (8.9 ppg), but his playmaking and leadership will prove vital for a Syracuse team that’s capable of winning another national title for Jim Boeheim. And he’s also been a crucial leader off the floor. Throughout the Bernie Fine drama, Jardine helped his team remain focused.

Scoop has become one of my favorite players ever. Watching him develop both on and off the court hasn't always been a pleasure, but the (nearly) finished project has put up one of the finest seasons for a point guard in school history.

If SU gets to the Final Four, it will be on Scoop's back and he will be revered. In a couple of years, all the talk of "GoodScoop/BadScoop" will be forgotten. And, if he wins a title, he will be right there with Pearl and Sherman when people are making out their all-time lists during the summer lulls.

If Scoop leads us to a title, how weird will it be looking back at the 2007 recruiting class and realizing that the PG that led us to the title wasn't named Flynn?

Scoop has become one of my favorite players ever. Watching him develop both on and off the court hasn't always been a pleasure, but the (nearly) finished project has put up one of the finest seasons for a point guard in school history.

If SU gets to the Final Four, it will be on Scoop's back and he will be revered In a couple of years, all the talk of "GoodScoop/BadScoop" will be forgotten. And, if he wins a title, he will be right there with Pearl and Sherman when people are making out their all-time lists during the summer lulls.

He's grown as a player and matured as a person as much as anyone I can remember. While the moments may not have all been pleasurable, the journey has been great.

What a bargain we got when Scoop and Rick Jackson decided to come to Cuse from Neumann Goretti in Philly. It's the blend of 4 year (5 for Scoop) players and the infusion of kids who are several and done that have made this team what it is. Scoop is like Andy Rautins was in that both are entirely commited to becoming the best players they can be and are willing to make sacrifices for the benefit of the team. When you look back at some of the players who come through here prior to Scoop who although they were highly rated in no way made the type of contributions that Scoop and Rick did for our program.

Scoop has taken his share of criticism over the years and there have been many who derided both his character and ablility. Time has proven those people wrong. Although Scoop didn't arrive among fanfare and critical praise from scouts and the rankings services he is exemplary of the type of player that makes a program stable, competitive and a winner. His positive attitude and continual striving toward becoming a better player and helping the team is the type of infectious personality that glues a team together. He will be remembered by me as being worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Sherm, Pearl, and other Cuse greats who made major contributions to the program and gave their all every time they laced them up for the Orange.

If SU gets to the Final Four, it will be on Scoop's back and he will be revered. In a couple of years, all the talk of "GoodScoop/BadScoop" will be forgotten. And, if he wins a title, he will be right there with Pearl and Sherman when people are making out their all-time lists during the summer lulls.
There's no question we wouldn't be where we are without strong play and leadership at the point.
It's especially important come crunch time in the tournament.
Scoop really turned himself around and deserves credit.

Almost as important is your great photo of the immortal Robert Marella...the great Gorilla Monsoon.
He was the only person ever to come from "Manchuria" by way of Rochester.

Almost as important is your great photo of the immortal Robert Marella...the great Gorilla Monsoon.
He was the only person ever to come from "Manchuria" by way of Rochester.
via Rochester and Ithaca College (where he was a 3 sport athlete while studying to become a teacher)

He's grown as a player and matured as a person as much as anyone I can remember. While the moments may not have all been pleasurable, the journey has been great.

Agreed he has come so far since the Cheesesteak...I really think he has a future in coaching.

Agreed he has come so far since the Cheesesteak...I really think he has a future in coaching.

Coaching or broadcasting. I can see him being a great recruiter though.