Marcus Lee gets KY offer what does this do with Roberson | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Lee gets KY offer what does this do with Roberson

arbitragegls

All Conference
Zags blog indicates Lee got a Coach Cal offer...he is 6'9...and that Coach Cal is now going to visit Roberson...also a 'Cuse target...Is 'Cuse better off now with Roberson or not?...already believe Lee goes KY.

I might have misread but Kentucky was already in his top three without offering but that California was the favorite to land him.

Zags blog indicates Lee got a Coach Cal offer...he is 6'9...and that Coach Cal is now going to visit Roberson...also a 'Cuse target...Is 'Cuse better off now with Roberson or not?...already believe Lee goes KY.
Doesn't change anything. Lee is a center and Roberson is a forward. Kentucky is trying to land Julius Randle and Andrew Wiggins at the forward position, but both won't decide until the spring. I would figure Roberson and Lawrence would be back up options if Wiggins doesn't reclassify to 2013 or ends up elsewhere. As Kjb mentioned, Lee is considered a heavy California lean. So I wouldn't count him as a lock for Kentucky just because he has an offer now.

on that note, I still think Ennis will have some sort of impact on Wiggins...I know I know, MCWs influence didnt do stuff for Noel but then again and from the sounds of it, Noel was never coming here regardless. We are more known for our wings then bigs so I can hope and dream right. Francis, are we still in contact with Whitehead? After the elite camp and his interest in us, are the feelings still mutual?

on that note, I still think Ennis will have some sort of impact on Wiggins...I know I know, MCWs influence didnt do stuff for Noel but then again and from the sounds of it, Noel was never coming here regardless. We are more known for our wings then bigs so I can hope and dream right. Francis, are we still in contact with Whitehead? After the elite camp and his interest in us, are the feelings still mutual?
Yes but never expect anything easy with a Lincoln high recruit. I'm sure his recruitment will drag out and the staff could probably lose interest by then.

Yes but never expect anything easy with a Lincoln high recruit. I'm sure his recruitment will drag out and the staff could probably lose interest by then.

I understand that, hopefully it doesnt go to that extent. All signs say he wants to come here and those are the type of guys Id rather get then then anyone else. But Im not going to complain if we ended up with a Rysheed Jordan, or even better...Selden this year. 15 I think were set as soon as the parents let him commit

Francis, quick question for you: agree 100% with your assessment of Lincoln players, but I've heard that Whitehead is a bit different--good head on his shoulders / less drama / no entourage. Do those factors weigh in our favor? Or am I overstating things vis a vis that assessment?

Francis, quick question for you: agree 100% with your assessment of Lincoln players, but I've heard that Whitehead is a bit different--good head on his shoulders / less drama / no entourage. Do those factors weigh in our favor? Or am I overstating things vis a vis that assessment?
Heard various things about Whitehead good and bad. He seems to want attention from other schools despite always claiming SU as the favorite. He said Kentucky was a dream school not too long along but I believe the interest on their side is lukewarm at best currently. He's also Under Armour affiliated, so I wouldn't be shocked if Maryland or some other UA school gets involved.

Lee heading to KY or CALifornia...so another off our board...hmmmmm?

UPDATE: While California's frontcourt is a bit of a question mark at the moment, that could change drastically next year. According to Chris Fisher of 247 Sports, the Golden Bears are now one of two finalists in the running for the services of Marcus Lee (Antioch, Calif./Deer Valley).
Of course, the other contender here is Kentucky, so landing Lee won't be easy. In fact, it may simply come down to whether or not the four-star power forward wants to stay in-state with Mike Mongomery's group or make the jump to constant national attention and scrutiny with John Calipari's program. If the Bears can add Lee (No. 28 overall on the ESPN 100) to a 2013 crop that already includes Jabari Bird (No. 21), that would be an impressive haul of talent making its way to Berkeley next fall.
- Luke Lapinski

Lee heading to KY or CALifornia...so another off our board...hmmmmm?

UPDATE: While California's frontcourt is a bit of a question mark at the moment, that could change drastically next year. According to Chris Fisher of 247 Sports, the Golden Bears are now one of two finalists in the running for the services of Marcus Lee (Antioch, Calif./Deer Valley).
Of course, the other contender here is Kentucky, so landing Lee won't be easy. In fact, it may simply come down to whether or not the four-star power forward wants to stay in-state with Mike Mongomery's group or make the jump to constant national attention and scrutiny with John Calipari's program. If the Bears can add Lee (No. 28 overall on the ESPN 100) to a 2013 crop that already includes Jabari Bird (No. 21), that would be an impressive haul of talent making its way to Berkeley next fall.
- Luke Lapinski
Lee was never a serious target for SU my friend.