Marcus Sales playing in all star game today | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Sales playing in all star game today

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

Marcus Sales will be wearing #84 for the Nation squad today vs Texas

The game will be played at Eagle Stadium in Allen, Texas @ 2:30

Televsion: Could not find a listing

The Texas vs the Nation All-Star game is a post-season college football all-star game that was established in 2006. Each team consists of approximately 54 draft eligible players, representing Div I, II and III college football teams, from all over America.

Texas vs the Nation began as an idea to bring a sense of rivalry and teamwork back to the all-star arena by pitting the best of Texas against the rest of the Nation.

Kickoff is scheduled for Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:30 PM CST at Eagle Stadium in Allen Texas.

From the previous 5 games that have been played, over 100 players have been selected in the NFL Draft and more than 500 have signed with an NFL team.

Each year the NFL, CFL and other professional football leagues send over 200 scouts, front office personnel, senior executives, and coaches to evaluate the talent and to attend special events.

Here is what the schedule of events has been for the week

Rosters

Web Site

The game's on Fox Southwest.
Those that subscribe to out-of-market regional sport networks may be able to watch it.

DirecTV has it on channel 676.

Hopefully Marcus had a good week and will get some chances during the game.

Hopefully he makes a NFL Squad but realistically I see the CFL as his likely destination.

Nothing was thrown Marcus' way in the first half. He was in for 2 series. He did have one downfield block early in the game.

I hear he caught a TD pass. I'm not a big fan of the words "Allen" and "Texas" these days.

Local boy Latavius Murray also playing in that game...

Is there a box score anywhere??? I've been looking, Orangeyes, have you found anything?

Marcus had 3 plays intended for him in the 2nd half.

1. End around run for a first down.
2. Pass down the right sideline. He got both hands on the ball but wasn't able to hold on to the ball when he was hit.
3. Pass near the left corner of the end zone. Marcus held on for the TD.

From the on air discussion, it appears that the play-by-play announcer is an SU grad and referred to Syracuse's team as "the Orangemen". :)

Marcus had 3 plays intended for him in the 2nd half.

1. End around run for a first down.
2. Pass down the right sideline. He got both hands on the ball but wasn't able to hold on to the ball when he was hit.
3. Pass near the left corner of the end zone. Marcus held on for the TD.

From the on air discussion, it appears that the play-by-play announcer is an SU grad and referred to Syracuse's team as "the Orangemen. :)

Thanks for the brief news on the game...I really wish I could see the TD catch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359868405.792487.jpg

Just some pictures that I took from my DVR playback.

There was also an ad for the Doak Walker presentation. Here's someone that will be speaking there:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359868636.972787.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom