Marcus Sales | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Sales

garydelano

Walk On
Will Marcus Sales return next year or is he all done. His name is still on the roster.

There is a VERY good source that says he's done. Besides that, no one knows.

Even if he were available to play, I'd just assume the team move on from the Marcus Sales soap opera. Enough is enough.

I think Mr Sales is done at least that is what I have heard. I tend to agree with those that feel he should not play again as well, as much as I would like to see him play again..

SUA has been good about keeping up with who is currently on the team and who has been dismissed. Many of the times one of us finds that someone isn't on the roster and later that day, news comes out about something. My guess is that he isn't kicked off, just suspended for the year. He does have a RS to burn, and maybe if he does some stuff over the offseason to prove to DM he's capable of being a positive aspect of the team, on and off the field. It's a crapshoot, but the official roster is telling us something.

it would be nice if he did come back next year assuming he can play like he did in the Pinstripe Bowl.

I'm kind of amazed he's still listed on the roster. I haven't looked - is Jonny Miller still on there as well?

I'm kind of amazed he's still listed on the roster. I haven't looked - is Jonny Miller still on there as well?

I just looked. Jonny is still on the roster.

Marrone can't let him come back. It would look very bad

Marrone can't let him come back. It would look very bad

Let's wait until we know the outcome of his trial before saying how bad it would look. Yes, Sales might be guilty of what he is accused of, but what if he is found innocent or pleads to a much reduced charge. If that's the outcome and he has kept his nose clean for a year and cracked the books it may not look that bad to most folks if Sales is given his red-shirt senior year.

Let's wait until we know the outcome of his trial before saying how bad it would look. Yes, Sales might be guilty of what he is accused of, but what if he is found innocent or pleads to a much reduced charge. If that's the outcome and he has kept his nose clean for a year and cracked the books it may not look that bad to most folks if Sales is given his red-shirt senior year.

I don't see how you bring the kid back no matter what. And if he pleads to anything that is grounds to not let him come back considering with what he was charged with

I don't see how you bring the kid back no matter what. And if he pleads to anything that is grounds to not let him come back considering with what he was charged with

Glad we still live in the U.S. where people can never get shots at redemption and do not have to be convicted by a jury of their peers. Oh I am suuuuuure no player ever anywhere had been charged with possession and come back after a year. Gee that would be unprecedented. :noidea:

I agree it is very improbable, but I do not think it is out of the realm of possibility that Marcus could be get off all charges and do extensive community service, graduate, somehow convince the student Judicial Board to not expell him and get back on the field.

Like 0.00000000000001% Same as a snowball in Hades.

If the charges against him are completely dropped, would Marrone let him back?

Will Marcus Sales return next year or is he all done. His name is still on the roster.

Miller is still on the roster and he is in Colorado.

I heard that both Sales and Miller had hearings a few weeks ago that did not go well for them and both were forced off campus. I assumed that meant that they were no longer students but as of today, both remain in the student directory.

I think kids deserve a second (third?) chance. I hope some school not named Syracuse gives it to them.

I heard that both Sales and Miller had hearings a few weeks ago that did not go well for them and both were forced off campus. I assumed that meant that they were no longer students but as of today, both remain in the student directory.
the word in CO is that Miller could come back but that he may decide to transfer.

the word in CO is that Miller could come back but that he may decide to transfer.

I hope UC Boulder is not at the top of his transfer list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom