Marek | Syracusefan.com

Marek

Looking forward to his development. He was quick to contest shots and willing to go to the floor for loose balls. Definitely needs to get stronger. From what I saw in warmups he’s not a dead eye long range shooter but has decent range. Not a gunner in his first game, more willing to just do some dirty work. He made good passes (such an underrated skill) and wasn’t afraid, despite his slight physique, to mix it up. He should be fun to watch mature over time. Was really impressed with his disruptive defensive work trapping the ball on out of bound plays.

Looking forward to his development. He was quick to contest shots and willing to go to the floor for loose balls. Definitely needs to get stronger. From what I saw in warmups he’s not a dead eye long range shooter but has decent range. Not a gunner in his first game, more willing to just do some dirty work. He made good passes (such an underrated skill) and wasn’t afraid, despite his slight physique, to mix it up. He should be fun to watch mature over time.

He won't be here long.

He wont be nba ready after this year. And plans can change. Maybe he meets a girl here or ends up liking cny or maybe he gets himself in a position where another year puts him in draft position. Just never know and very early to speculate.

Last edited:
He won't be here long.
Are you being serious? I like what I saw but really think he needs to be here four years to actually build his frame. He will get pushed around this year and probably next. I don't know how much he will play over the next two years. Next year Brissett and Bazley play the forwards for us.

Are you being serious? I like what I saw but really think he needs to be here four years to actually build his frame. He will get pushed around this year and probably next. I don't know how much he will play over the next two years. Next year Brissett and Bazley play the forwards for us.
he can leave SU without going to the nba

oh no, I understand that he might head home. I got that. He probably could have done that this year. In some league. But honestly, at this point, I think he needs to really bulk up if he is going to play in any kind of decent league over there.

I was kidding. Kinda poking fun at CuseLifer who said he was more athletic than Keith VanHorn and was surely a one and done player.

oh no, I understand that he might head home. I got that. He probably could have done that this year. In some league. But honestly, at this point, I think he needs to really bulk up if he is going to play in any kind of decent league over there.
Why even come over here then if you’re not going to see it through and take the opportunity to try and develop into a high level D1 player and hopefully get drafted after junior or senior year? You can always go the European pro route later if the NBA doesn’t work out.

Why even come over here then if you’re not going to see it through and take the opportunity to try and develop into a high level D1 player and hopefully get drafted after junior or senior year? You can always go the European pro route later if the NBA doesn’t work out.
Didn’t he say something along those lines after he committed? Something along the lines of: he wanted to go through the process of American basketball and try to make it to the league

Looking forward to his development. He was quick to contest shots and willing to go to the floor for loose balls. Definitely needs to get stronger. From what I saw in warmups he’s not a dead eye long range shooter but has decent range. Not a gunner in his first game, more willing to just do some dirty work. He made good passes (such an underrated skill) and wasn’t afraid, despite his slight physique, to mix it up. He should be fun to watch mature over time. Was really impressed with his disruptive defensive work trapping the ball on out of bound plays.

After one of those very good passes, I thought "Leo Rautins".

I was kidding. Kinda poking fun at CuseLifer who said he was more athletic than Keith VanHorn and was surely a one and done player.
To be fair, I believe the Keith Van Horn we saw in his last year was an upperclassman who’d been through the wars. Marek could maybe grow into a poor man’s KVH after a few years, but no way he was ever a OAD.

To be fair, I believe the Keith Van Horn we saw in his last year was an upperclassman who’d been through the wars. Marek could maybe grow into a poor man’s KVH after a few years, but no way he was ever a OAD.

Van Horn averaged 18 and 8 a game his freshman year.

Poor mans KVH is probably fair but he's even very far from that already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom