Marek | Syracusefan.com

Marek

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Marek did not carry his own weight against big-time competition, or maybe he did given how little he weighs. I would consider starting Sibide in his place and use MM to give a rest to Chewy. I certainly would not give up on him but he needs to work on his shooting for the good of the team. We do not score enough to beat the better offensive teams, which is a shame, given that we have a very good D.

Marek did not carry his own weight against big-time competition, or maybe he did given how little he weighs. I would consider starting Sibide in his place and use MM to give a rest to Chewy. I certainly would not give up on him but he needs to work on his shooting for the good of the team. We do not score enough to beat the better offensive teams, which is a shame, given that we have a very good D.

He had 10 points and 7 rebounds against Maryland. Big time competition. Sometimes it’s just a bad game.

Sidibe was bad offensively yesterday too.

He needs to be improve as an offensive threat, sure, and that includes working on his jumper, but I don't see us doing a very good job yet of making it easier for him to be in position where he's a natural threat. Giving it to him on the perimeter for a straight line drive isn't really the best thing he can do. Turn some of those pin downs into curls and let him operate.

He had 10 points and 7 rebounds against Maryland. Big time competition. Sometimes it’s just a bad game.

Sidibe was bad offensively yesterday too.
He was injured. Sibide is better offensive player than Marek. As JB would say, a dead man would have scored as many points. over the last 2 games he averaged 5 pts per game. That leaves us with 3 players that can create their own shot. The Sibide / Chewy combination works, but if we started Sibide we would have 4 scorers on the floor. Chewy cannot play a full game but we could use MM to back him up. We need to give give Sibide more playing time.

Last edited:
Enough shots at his weight. That wont change until the off season and even at that hes playing better than 90% of the country at his position. He’s slim but he grinds

Enough shots at his weight. That wont change until the off season and even at that hes playing better than 90% of the country at his position. He’s slim but he grinds

I love his hustle, passing and potential, but he is not better than 90% of the power forwards in the country. That’s nuts. He averages 5 points and 7 boards...

We need to use Marek more in the offense. Some of our best games offensively were when Marek flashed to the "ACC logo" and he was able to get the ball to our bigs or guards for an easy shot. He is not going to do much hanging outside of the 3 point line. He is an elite passer, and I think there is too much pressure on Battle and Frank to shoot/make plays

lol so you want to start Sidibe together w Chukwu :bat:

i don't see us getting a ton of points from mkdz but he brings a lot of energy and intangibles to the table.

Had a brutal two possession stretch of missing a 3 and catching a pass with his face that started KUs knockout run. That said his grunt intangibles are off the charts IMHO

The ball has to be passed to Marek when he is open or a play needs to be run that is designed to be in position to score. This did not happen often in the Kansas game. Often it was a rushed pass in a crowded space or a blown pass.

While it is still early, I have not seen the ball movement required to get other than Howard, Battle and Brissett open.

That is the million dollar question in my mind too. I would like to see them run some plays to have Brissett catch the ball in the mid post. If Moyer and Marek can't score at least 8 they better get a few offensive rebounds. I can honestly say I don't think I have seen anyone do less in 15 minutes the Moyer did yesterday. At least Marek gets the team extra possessions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom