Marek | Syracusefan.com

Marek

He played the game we know he does so well.

But he had two really poor fouls and combined that with two very questionable ones. Officials are not going to give him too many breaks as he tries to contest almost everything.

The fouls are his weakness but on this night, I won't get on him for that even if a couple were actually legit.

He played the game we know he does so well.

But he had two really poor fouls and combined that with two very questionable ones. Officials are not going to give him too many breaks as he tries to contest almost everything.

^This. I wish I could find a way to convince kids they can't block every shot. Just stop trying, play position and stay straight up.

had the whole team not been in foul trouble he plays a few less minutes and his fouls become a non issue.. but he needs to pick his spots a bit better

^This. I wish I could find a way to convince kids they can't block every shot. Just stop trying, play position and stay straight up.
Tell this to sidbee too, I know we dont want to give up an easy 2 but when the whole team is in foul trouble especially all 3 centers we need to play smarter, marek and BS picked up some really dumb fouls, throw frank into that too

Hes gonna be a great 4 year player for us. His shot looks really good, he Just needs some muscle so he can finish those drives, he can get in the lane but he can’t do anything once he’s there.

Commentators criticized him for fouling far away from the basket twice. He’s try to steal the ball. The game is played on the entire court not just near baskets. Love you Marek. Keep mareking.

I don't agree, defense is defending your basket. If you like to foul out, keep reaching in for the ball. And then you can complain about the refs.

ps: I really like the kid :)

I don't agree, defense is defending your basket. If you like to foul out, keep reaching in for the ball. And then you can complain about the refs.

ps: I really like the kid :)

He really did have some stupid reaching fouls but saw Marek get fouled a number of times particularly rebounding. Did you notice the 2 Ohio State brothers fouling using their knees on drives and when rebounding. One got caught with a foul on the drive when Tyus came up limping. They were good at keeping their hands up but knees bent giving some nice Charlie horses that will hurt more tomorrow.

and to think we have OB fouling like Frosh Etan Thomas to thank for this.

...he Just needs some muscle so he can finish those drives, he can get in the lane but he can’t do anything once he’s there.

But don't forget, he's gained, "a pound or two," according to the coach.

Hey refs... LET MAREK BE MAREK!

He really did have some stupid reaching fouls but saw Marek get fouled a number of times particularly rebounding. Did you notice the 2 Ohio State brothers fouling using their knees on drives and when rebounding. One got caught with a foul on the drive when Tyus came up limping. They were good at keeping their hands up but knees bent giving some nice Charlie horses that will hurt more tomorrow.

Yup. And every time we tried to penetrate, the defender would bump our player to stop his momentum. Bad refs call man defenses and zone defenses differently. Last night’s morons treated their constant rubs on our drivers as “good physical defense” but called everything on us.

He's also good at looking completely baffled/surprise whenever they call the foul on him. Must have learned that from playing soccer growing up. I agree with the takes on here. Love the hustle. Love the shooting of the open 3. That shooting is not a fluke, and now we have 5 (?) players who can potentially knock it down from outside. Cut down on the stupid fouls. We need you, man.

He's coming out of his shell it seems. Interaction with officials is definitely more animated - I don't think his whining about every call helps him, but he needs to know his value and cool it with the dumb fouls. He is going to see a lot of time at the 5.

he should have a constant diet of chicken and waffles...wake him up every few hours at night for dining...i dont care how full he is...if he wont I will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom