Marek | Syracusefan.com

Marek

Marek is everything Oshae isn’t. He’s a facilitator, and he takes quality shots within the rhythm of the offense. As much as I want Oshae to turn it around, he forces too much, dribbles too much, and makes bad basketball plays. Marek is like watching a maestro out there, he gets everyone involved, and the music is sweet.

Again... not knocking Oshae, I want him to be the guy we all thought he would be. Just hasn’t shown that capability yet.

The Splendid Splinter.
I wish he would shoot more.
Kinda perplexing, why he wasn't getting 'the starter treatment' early on. He's important.

Haha
You can point out facts and still be supportive. Oshae’s field goal percentage is abysmal because he takes terrible shots and can’t finish. Doesn’t mean there’s not other things he does for the team and that he can’t turn it around. Marek is going to steal his minutes more consistently if he doesn’t figure it out soon.

You can point out facts and still be supportive. Oshae’s field goal percentage is abysmal because he takes terrible shots and can’t finish. Doesn’t mean there’s not other things he does for the team and that he can’t turn it around. Marek is going to steal his minutes more consistently if he doesn’t figure it out soon.
I understand all of that, but you are “knocking” his game.

Also, those are not actually facts. They are opinions. I agree with them completely, but they are not facts.

Guys on the radio said Oshae’s FGP last year was 33%, this year 38%. They said he hasn’t regressed but he hasn’t progressed. On a night where other players were having great games, we didn’t need him. He is still important to us, of course.

Guys on the radio said Oshae’s FGP last year was 33%, this year 38%. They said he hasn’t regressed but he hasn’t progressed. On a night where other players were having great games, we didn’t need him. He is still important to us, of course.
He is very important going forward. The biggest difference is last year he was getting to the line a lot. This year everything just seems forced. Maybe he’s not getting the calls he got last year, who knows? He just doesn’t look comfortable.

Was glad to see JB start to play MD at the 4 alongside either PC or BS. More EH this game, less last game. I really like seeing JB dabbling with different lineups/rotations game to game and situation to situation. Go with what’s working at that particular time don’t feel like you have to live or die with a particular player or rotation if it’s not working.

Marek is everything Oshae isn’t. He’s a facilitator, and he takes quality shots within the rhythm of the offense. As much as I want Oshae to turn it around, he forces too much, dribbles too much, and makes bad basketball plays. Marek is like watching a maestro out there, he gets everyone involved, and the music is sweet.

Again... not knocking Oshae, I want him to be the guy we all thought he would be. Just hasn’t shown that capability yet.

The dribbling too much is a good point. It was a weird night for Oshae but I will give him credit -- he worked hard and I thought made some nice plays. Battled his a$$ off for a rebound as we were pulling away in the second half, made solid decisions and passes when he got the ball in the high post against the zone. Took his man to the basked ... and missed, as is all too often the case, unfortunately ... but regardless had a nice drive at one point.

But the dribbling is a good point. If I had to guess I'd say he's not the most instinctive player so he doesn't sneak behind the defense or make really strong cuts very often. He's mostly getting the ball to shoot from outside or drive from the wing.

Anyway, puzzling. And, to the point of this whole thread, yes, Marek is a sneaky good offensive player.

It's weirdly something of a plus in my view that Oshae isn't performing to his potential, as it suggests yet another area of upside for a team that is improving.

The team of a couple of weeks ago wasn't going anywhere in the tournament even if lucky enough to make it.

Things have changed with a number of players -- Marek, Buddy, Frank, Chuk -- showing incremental improvement.

Now we're starting to look like we might have something for a tournament run.

An improved Oshae could be massive in that respect.

oshea needs to play to contact instead of away from it to get the foul calls. if he was finishing half those drives with Fts or makes he would be avg 20 a game. he gets into some great spots and gets nothing out of it which for someone with his size is just disappointing

He could make a living at the foul line as he gets their bigs in foul trouble. That and focus on rebounding.

Brissett needs to figure out his role. Last year he was a double double machine, this year his rebounding is down and he is jacking threes. If he is going to do that, he will lose minutes, not to Marek, but to Buddy. Buddy is a better shooter and also doesn’t rebound so you’re better off with him. OB is one of my favorite players, his strength is mixing it up inside and drawing fouls. Do that!!

Neither are consistent enough to be a cemented starter, yet. Play whoever starts the game hot. Butler vs Taj Harris sort of deal. Go with the hot hand.

If only Marek was Dutch it Belgian... :)

MD: Need a Steal,Need a Rebound,need a Charge,Need an assist, need a foul shot,dive on floor ,Key Bucket... Mr. Glue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom