Mariano Rivers injured knee during batting practice. | Syracusefan.com

Mariano Rivers injured knee during batting practice.

Mariano Rivera diagnosed with twisted right knee. Examined by Royals associate physician and Yankees trainers. Headed for MRI during game.

Looks like ACL

rivera2_medium.gif

Torn ACL. :(

What could be a sad end to a remarkable career.

Hope he can pull a Chipper and come back strong next year for one final season. I would hate to see his career end this way and I'm not a Yankees fan. It just wouldn't be right for Mo to go out like this. He's by far one of the classiest and most likeable players in sports and I really hope he doesn't have to go out like this.

Even as a Sox fan this is a sad way for him to go out. One of the most likable Yanks in my lifetime.

Even my Yankee hater freinds like him. A buddy who played pro baseball always marveled that every hitter knew what was coming but most still couldn't hit him. If he's all through waive the five year thingee & induct him ASAP.

Ughhhh. With Rose, Shump and now Mo the ACL is quickly becoming my least favorite ligament. As a Yankee fan and just a fan of a great person in Mariano this makes me sick to my stomach.

Hope he can pull a Chipper and come back strong next year for one final season. I would hate to see his career end this way and I'm not a Yankees fan. It just wouldn't be right for Mo to go out like this. He's by far one of the classiest and most likeable players in sports and I really hope he doesn't have to go out like this.
Correct on all points ,of course. Mo coming back at his age would be a factor of whether he really wants to come back which is obviously only something he knows. The offense on this team is so bad that who ever is pitching needs to be Cy Young and better to get a win. Its pathetic thus far.Cano is going for the fences like its a HR contest during the all-star break. Between Cano and Tex RISP are just more LOBSingles would win games. Kevin Long needs them to start making contact up the middle until their timing comes around. Phelps deserved better :oops: