Marlowe Wax was spectacular | Syracusefan.com

Marlowe Wax was spectacular

Dcuse

All Conference
And he’ll get nary a mention because of the TOTAL ineptitude of the offense. Bleich and Davis- 2 guys who have been around the block- stunk yesterday. They should be leaders on that line and they were garbage. Veterello is a weak link so he gets less mention here for always being sub par. Cruz often ended up blocking nobody because the OL on the whole couldn’t figure out what Pitt was doing up front. They haven’t opened many holes for Tucker but even when they have, he’s missed them. He is a shell of what he once was.
Mike Schmidt and his OC get an OBESE “F” for their preparation this last week.

But Wax was spectacular ( back to my subject line)

There’s a real chance he explores the draft similar to 2021 Mikel Jones this year.

Wax has the measurables and talent to be a starting NFL linebacker. The more he develops, the better he gets.

Was he primarily an RB in hs and switched to LB?

We all talk about Jones, Duce and Garrett but Wax and Thompson imo have much higher ceilings.

And he’ll get nary a mention because of the TOTAL ineptitude of the offense. Bleich and Davis- 2 guys who have been around the block- stunk yesterday. They should be leaders on that line and they were garbage. Veterello is a weak link so he gets less mention here for always being sub par. Cruz often ended up blocking nobody because the OL on the whole couldn’t figure out what Pitt was doing up front. They haven’t opened many holes for Tucker but even when they have, he’s missed them. He is a shell of what he once was.

Ditto for F. And all the words I used during the game that begin with F. Except Fantastic, I didn’t use that one.

Last year's line with Servais at center Ellis and Davis at guard, Bergeron, and Vett at tackle was good through 9 games until Vett got injured.
This year moving Vett to center and adding Bleich has been a disaster.

Last year's line with Servais at center Ellis and Davis at guard, Bergeron, and Vett at tackle was good through 9 games until Vett got injured.
This year moving Vett to center and adding Bleich has been a disaster.

Servais was the weak link by far until Tisdale had to play when they both would get failing grades week after week.

Servais was the weak link by far until Tisdale had to play when they both would get failing grades week after week.
The line as a whole played better. Vett is by far better at tackle, Davis at guard. This year Vett had problems Davis had problems and Bleich hasn't been good.
Should have left the 4 returning starters where they were, and developed a new center.
Just putting the best 5 guys out has been a diaster.

The line as a whole played better. Vett is by far better at tackle, Davis at guard. This year Vett had problems Davis had problems and Bleich hasn't been good.
Should have left the 4 returning starters where they were, and developed a new center.

I know that Bleich had offseason surgery. Don't know if he's still impaired.

But my fear is -- despite originally being an SEC / Florida caliber recruit, maybe he is just okay. When we landed him, I was hoping for a Koda Martin-esque impact, but it hasn't worked out that way too date. Now, he's dealt with injuries -- that could be holding him back. But he hasn't had the impact I'd expected / hoped for.

Vett is poor at center. Really hope we can find an upgrade as a transfer, JUCO, whatever.

It’s more a reflection of who’s on the bench. Besides Cruz, I don’t see much.