Marquette - Largest lead in NCAA Tournament so far | Syracusefan.com

Marquette - Largest lead in NCAA Tournament so far

Henny & Coke

2nd String
Largest lead: (3) Marquette - 3 points, (14) Davidson - 10 points

Largest lead: (3) Marquette - 4 points, (6) Butler - 10 points

Largest lead: (3) Marquette - 22 points, (2) Miami - 2 points

The Miami game aside (where they had some guys injured & generally played like poop), to see that Marquette's largest leads in both of their first 2 games was so small really underscores how much trouble they had in those games.

In a way, it's impressive that they pulled out the wins, even though they were down so much in both...but I think more so it gives me confidence that SU can/should take it to them and try to blow them out of the water. It makes me question how great they are a bit.

Can't forget their 1 game in the BET they lost to ND. And the game before they took St.John's to OT and won on a last second shot from Vander Blue. They're clearly clutch in late game situations, but save the Miami game, they haven't been playing fabulous by any stretch.

mckayla-notimpressed - 960 x 608.jpg

Yeah, looking back at their schedule, their most impressive wins were against us (by 3 at home), and G-Town (by 1 at home).

When it comes to playing the best of the best, they were rolled: 70-51 loss at Louisville, and 82-49 (!) drubbing at Florida.

View attachment 2895

Yeah, looking back at their schedule, their most impressive wins were against us (by 3 at home), and G-Town (by 1 at home).

When it comes to playing the best of the best, they were rolled: 70-51 loss at Louisville, and 82-49 (!) drubbing at Florida.
Agreed, but it's 1 game. They could hit 14 3s and Gardner could go to the line 10 time today and they win. I'd love us in a 7 game series, but it's 1 and done.

People kind of miss that Larkin's head was in the toilet bowl the whole night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom