Marrone, a future ex | Syracusefan.com

Marrone, a future ex

bothsocksup

Starter
Doesnt this Marrone situation remind you of that one relationship you were once in that 'got away.' It just seems as if Marrone is not nearly as 'in love' with the idea of coaching SU as he once was. Maybe the past 4 years of worn him out more than we truly understand, and the love affair is slowly coming to an end. We can plead all we want and throw as many gifts his way as we can, but when you just aren't in love anymore, there's nothing you can do...

Doesnt this Marrone situation remind you of that one relationship you were once in that 'got away.' It just seems as if Marrone is not nearly as 'in love' with the idea of coaching SU as he once was. Maybe the past 4 years of worn him out more than we truly understand, and the love affair is slowly coming to an end. We can plead all we want and throw as many gifts his way as we can, but when you just aren't in love anymore, there's nothing you can do...

Lot of truth here.

We just went through 10 years of football hell. I'll tell you what boys...I just don't know if I can handle another rebuild. I really don't.

This was really shaping up to be something special. If the casual fans won't support this team, and the administration won't support this team, then why in the hell should I?

The realization I've come to (and hopefully I'm wrong) is that has Marrone has lost his passion to coach college football. If that's the case, he needs to move on. We need somebody who wants to be at Syracuse.

At the end of the day, just about every significant other has many moments of driving a person crazy (although I'm guessing my wife would disagree because I am perfect).

It's something Marrone would no doubt encounter in any NFL job. I would assume he would leave for the NFL because it's a football coach's dream and these opportunities don't hang around forever (hello Jeff Tedford, what are you doing in 2013?). Or perhaps he just doesn't enjoy the insane grind of the recruiting process.

I don't imagine he's decided to make himself available to NFL interviews simply because of facility improvement roadblocks or because of negative fan mail. On the latter, any NFL job is hate mail X 1 million from anything you'd get as a Syracuse head coach.

Hope he stays but wish him well on whatever ends up happening.

I still think it's very premature but if Marrone did leave, I would personally feel bad for him. He loves our university like none other and to leave it behind him in our current state would hurt me more than anything. He truly does want to bring our name to the national level but this simply isn't possible without the support of the university/fans/donors.

The realization I've come to (and hopefully I'm wrong) is that has Marrone has lost his passion to coach college football. If that's the case, he needs to move on. We need somebody who wants to be at Syracuse.

I guess you forgot to watch the Pinstripe Bowl.

Picked a bad night to take down the Christmas decorations... :(

I guess you forgot to watch the Pinstripe Bowl.
Marrone is a professional. Just because SU won the Pinstripe doesn't mean he isn't looking for greener pastures.

Marrone is a professional. Just because SU won the Pinstripe doesn't mean he isn't looking for greener pastures.

Knowing the score doesn't mean you watched the game, seeing his enthusiasm on the sideline you would have had to have seen. I'm not truly suggesting you didn't watch the game, anymore than you really believe based on his demeanor this year that he lost his passion. He showed more passion this year than he has in any previous years combined.

Knowing the score doesn't mean you watched the game, seeing his enthusiasm on the sideline you would have had to have seen. I'm not truly suggesting you didn't watch the game, anymore than you really believe based on his demeanor this year that he lost his passion. He showed more passion this year than he has in any previous years combined.

Not disagreeing with you. But it appears he's soured on college coaching or coaching at Syracuse. Maybe it's just the era we've entered; people just don't coach very long at one place.

If I were a coach, I'd personally hate to be part of the recruiting process. Being a grown man trying to convince entitled 17 year old kids to play at your school? Pass...

Not disagreeing with you. But it appears he's soured on college coaching or coaching at Syracuse. Maybe it's just the era we've entered; people just don't coach very long at one place.

Very possible, I was looking at what you were saying in one specific way and you were looking at it from another angle. Based on the things mentioned in other threads he's quite possibly lost his passion, like you said.

With the Life Skills program, trip to Fort Drum, and all, I actually think he has viewed the opportunity to have an impact outside of football as a central benefit of this position.

Perhaps. Marrone wanted to be at Syracuse, but has lost the fire to be the HC here for a long time because of all of the negativity around the program. I will leave it for everyone else to point out individual things, but that is the truth.

When you are in a relationship where you are always giving 100%, but your partner (fans mainly) isn't reciprocating, you will eventually move on. Not sure if he leaves, but that is what's going on here IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom