Marrone Defends Effort | Syracusefan.com

Marrone Defends Effort

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Weekly presser's last line...

image_normal.jpg

MattPark1 Matt Park

Marrone's finishing statement: "The one thing I DO know, the one identity we DO have, we work hard... That is the foundation of this team."

Very difficult to believe that after Saturday. Team looked unspirited, unprepared and got caught off guard big time.

More quotes from Matt Park's twitter:

MattPark1 Matt Park

DM: "There is no doubt we want to be a consistent football team. It's a work in progress.". He wants it faster than fans, media.

@MattPark1 Matt Park

SO PK Ross Krautman will be held out of practice today with "a little strain". Marrone expects to have him at UConn Saturday.

image_normal.jpg

MattPark1 Matt Park

Marrone on George DeLeone: "He's helped me quite a bit to get where I am today. He's helped me so much in my life... Same with Coach P."

image_normal.jpg

MattPark1 Matt Park

DeLeone was asst for Marrone's last year as player. Gets credit for techniques DM has used in NFL. They've been in touch at least once/year

i do not like RK having a 'little strain' when we are probably going to be headed to a FG bonanza on saturday

Weekly presser's last line...

image_normal.jpg

MattPark1 Matt Park

Marrone's finishing statement: "The one thing I DO know, the one identity we DO have, we work hard... That is the foundation of this team."

Most teams work hard. Most teams have a family atmosphere. Etc, etc, etc. I always find it funny when coaches and players have quotes like this, as if they are the only team doing it.

Agreed, nothing new... everybody at this level is working hard...

Effort is the one area that I'd have expected Coach Marrone to call out first and foremost.

Effort is the one area that I'd have expected Coach Marrone to call out first and foremost.

He should have, the effort sucked you dont need to be a genius to figure that out as CIL said just look at the defense.. It's what separated the bad teams from the good teams from the great teams.. we are between bad and good, because right now we aren't good on either side of the ball

Very difficult to believe that after Saturday. Team looked unspirited, unprepared and got caught off guard big time.

I can't judge "spirit" from the TV, and maybe some guys were overdone given the rain of PI calls, but unprepared and caught off guard? What Louisville did was exactly what the staff expected.

They fell behind to a team that you can't fall behind to and they couldn't connect on the plays they needed to to get easy scores back. That's what happened.

I can't judge "spirit" from the TV, and maybe some guys were overdone given the rain of PI calls, but unprepared and caught off guard? What Louisville did was exactly what the staff expected.

They fell behind to a team that you can't fall behind to and they couldn't connect on the plays they needed to to get easy scores back. That's what happened.
Being on the road in that type of scenario is brutal as well, if the team your playing has a good defense, a two TD lead with an offense that is struggling on the road, is pretty much a recipe for disaster and that is what it was... It easier to win on the road with a stout defense.

I get why we lost and I thought Louisville was a much better team than most here because I have watched them play a couple times but the offense is basically unwatchable at this point, it's year 3 not 1 not 2..

What Louisville did was exactly what the staff expected.

If they expected to get trounced by a bad team that was handily beaten at home by Florida International, then we have some major, major problems.

The team looked unprepared, unfocused, and just plainly not ready to play.

Everyone should be embarrassed from Marrone down to Otto.

I think they absolutely caught us off guard on D, similar to what Pitt did to us last year. That isn't a knock on our coaches but a credit to theirs. They came out and jumped on us 14-0 and we were in too big a hole.

If they expected to get trounced by a bad team that was handily beaten at home by Florida International, then we have some major, major problems.

The team looked unprepared, unfocused, and just plainly not ready to play.

Everyone should be embarrassed from Marrone down to Otto.

Where did I say expected to get trounced? They didn't execute the plan to defeat what Louisville was going to bring.

Where did I say expected to get trounced? They didn't execute the plan to defeat what Louisville was going to bring.

Allow me to amend: If what Louisville did was exactly what we expected, we have major, major problems.

I think they absolutely caught us off guard on D, similar to what Pitt did to us last year. That isn't a knock on our coaches but a credit to theirs. They came out and jumped on us 14-0 and we were in too big a hole.

It's pretty amazing how many times teams connect for long passes against us this year and we connect on zero.

We should be used to it by now. After that Tulane game, I expected every offense we play to come out throwing, deeper the better (for them). Other than that 61 yard option run, which I'm comfortable saying is an anomoly, how many big plays have we given up on the ground? We have the #20 run defense in the country.

The rest of the teams will be trying to beat us deep on their first drive, no matter how bad they may be at it. Until we stop it...

On our side, Nassib needs to start looking at INTs on deep balls as punts instead of worrying so much that he throws it where no one can catch it.

Most teams work hard. Most teams have a family atmosphere. Etc, etc, etc. I always find it funny when coaches and players have quotes like this, as if they are the only team doing it.

Not about working hard anymore, but rather working smart! ;)

Well, to me, viewing 'spirit,' or lack thereof, from a far (TV) is the 'ol perception adage. And, you know what they say about perception...

Also, I'm not sure what's worse...being 100% prepared, allegedly (L'ville doing exactly what the staff expected) or being ill-prepared. It's like being told what exactly is going to be on the exam vs. some pop quiz type. The former could be deemed as incompetence couldn't it? Bottom line, either way, it's the same failed result...

It's pretty amazing how many times teams connect for long passes against us this year and we connect on zero.

We should be used to it by now. After that Tulane game, I expected every offense we play to come out throwing, deeper the better (for them). Other than that 61 yard option run, which I'm comfortable saying is an anomoly, how many big plays have we given up on the ground? We have the #20 run defense in the country.

The rest of the teams will be trying to beat us deep on their first drive, no matter how bad they may be at it. Until we stop it...

On our side, Nassib needs to start looking at INTs on deep balls as punts instead of worrying so much that he throws it where no one can catch it.
one of them saturday was just a plain old duck. throwing it where the other team can't catch it is giving him way too much credit

one of them saturday was just a plain old duck. throwing it where the other team can't catch it is giving him way too much credit

Yeah but while we have a 0% completion % on these, I'd venture to guess we have about a 95% overthrow %, including sideline passes that end up as giveaways for the crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom