Marrone needs to go all in | Syracusefan.com

Marrone needs to go all in

K

kingottoiii

On his O next year. If this is his O, then fine. You have next year to prove this way is the best way. If it is another O than we have been running, then we need to make a switch. If that means telling Nassib to move on because he doesn't fit (ie Spread Option), then so be it.

The O we have been running sucks. Running his future O (which could be our current O) is the best way to show recruits and fans what the future of the program will be like. In addition it will make the team better. First the kids you are recruiting are for your O. So they are a better fit. Second getting kids reps now will pay huge dividends when you do make the switch. Third it is what you as a coach know best. Calling an O that isn't your bread in butter is silly.

I am sorry but I cannot see how the planned O system can be any worse than what we are running now. It just can't. So you won't be hurting your chances of winning. If anything it will improve things. Then again this can very well be all a moot point as the system we are running may be the plan (please God no).

I think Marrone needs to go all-in on his, coaching, offense, defense and special teams, because all aspects of the game have been lacking.

Recruiting a playmaker or two, would also be nice.

Next year we will ahve Gulley who isn't string enugh to be an isndie runner, Smith who is a north-south power runner and Moore who so far seems to just be short yardage guy. What we need to do is to go to a 60's type offesne with a "Mr. Inside" fullback and a "Mr. Outside" halfback who can also go out for passes. This will give us a versatile running attack and force the defesne to cover both men, which will open things up for the play-action passes Marrone wants. This business of having a 5-7 scatback do all the running is silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom