Marrone not taking Schafer or Hackett | Syracusefan.com

Marrone not taking Schafer or Hackett

CuseACC

Walk On
In his presser he says he wants assistants with "thorough" NFL experience. That tells me he will not be taking DC or OC from Cuse. Great news which should help Cuse get its next head coach situated and help keep recruits. Not definite, but sounds like Hacket and Shafer are safe for now.

In his presser he says he wants assistants with "thorough" NFL experience. That tells me he will not be taking DC or OC from Cuse. Great news which should help Cuse get its next head coach situated and help keep recruits. Not definite, but sounds like Hacket and Shafer are safe for now.
"For now" meaning if anyone besides those 2 get the job then they are likley gone baby gone.

I thought he said "coordinators" not "assistants", though I could be wrong. I could see Hackett as a QB coach.

Hackett is gone. Shocked if he isn't.

I thought he said "coordinators" not "assistants", though I could be wrong. I could see Hackett as a QB coach.

That's what I thought as well and then he mentioned the HS-NFL experience thing for the rest of the staff.

I read into this that Hackett is a real possibility, since as mentioned he could be the QB coach, while Shafer isn't likely.

Does a qb coach job in the NFL pay better than an Syracuse entertainment book and $100 per game?

Seriously, it might depend on what Hackett wants to do...the NFL or college, I'd assume he'd have a job here available.

Hackett is potentially a year off from a bcs-level college hc gig. Why would be take a qb coaching job in Buffalo? That could set him back at least 5 years on his track if it doesn't go well. If he fails in the next couple years as OC, he could always be a qb coach. if he wanted to be an nfl qb coach, he could go work for harbaugh or a bunch of others in a better position. he's overqualified for that.

I too would be absolutely shocked if Hackett is not with him next season

Ok do we make Hack HC and give Shafer and the rest of the gang a nice raise. Pay Hack 1m bump Shafer up by 250k a year and take the remaining 750k and spread it out over the remaining assistants. 2m total package call it 2.5m total with all bonus and we keep everyone.

You have to actually have a coachable QB for that job to pan out. Just saying.
"And with the eighth pick of the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Nassib, Quarterback, Syracuse University."

(I'm just assuming the Bills have the 8th pick in the second round since they have the 8th pick overall, but there could have been a trade moving that pick that I don't know about...either way, you get the point)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom