Marrone on SU's facilities in comparison to "The Jones's" | Syracusefan.com

Marrone on SU's facilities in comparison to "The Jones's"

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
From SWC's last Coach's Show post...

Pay attention to the bolded text, specifically:

An E-mail asked if it was easier to recruit now that we were winning. “It’s more upbeat, more intriguing. Our coaching staff works harder than a lot of staffs where they have palaces. It’s unbelievable what they have. Upgrades have helped us. We’re not trying to keep up with the Jones, to be the Jones. I have to question their priorities.” Matt mentioned that the SU facilities are “not all the way there but there’s a massive upgrade in player comfort and the over-all feel.” Coach: “I don’t know if it’s the right time to talk about it. When it opens people can take a look and see it. You can press a thing and see clips of the past. We had stuff all over the place and there’d be something from the 80’s and then something from the 60’s. Nothing was in order. The Heisman Trophy used to be in glass case but now you can pose for pictures next to it. There are demos and Dome Simulator. The locker room is expansive, big league quality. We found a cleaned-up locker room reduces illness- it’s down 63% for this year.” (I wonder what a ‘Dome Simulator’ is?)

Does this sound like a coach who's hellbent on facility upgrades and threatening to leave as a result of it?

So do we have to win a national championship in football before we get the investment?

He's not going to go on the radio and complain. Tour Melo, then tour the football side of things.

Of course he's not going to complain about it on the radio. But if he really feels that way, he'd just say nothing. Not "I have to question their priorities."

Of course he's not going to complain about it on the radio. But if he really feels that way, he'd just say nothing. Not "I have to question their priorities."

Colleges building facilities that would make the NFL blush (see USC) would make him state what he stated. Marrone's a pretty savvy guy, he measures his language for hi desired outcome. Those shows are for recruits parents as much as anything else.