Marrone still needs to fire Hackett to keep his job...right? | Syracusefan.com

Marrone still needs to fire Hackett to keep his job...right?

Now he needs to make sure Hackett is happy. Cause he might be a hot commodity, and he knows next year will be a challenge.

I wish I could find one of those threads.

Search "KCSU"

A lot of myths, assumptions, and dopey assertions were blown away this season.

Remember the whole Northwestern is overrated is mediocre and sucks threads.

Search "KCSU"

A lot of myths, assumptions, and dopey assertions were blown away this season.

Remember the whole Northwestern is overrated is mediocre and sucks threads.
There was a quote in one of today's articles about how Hackett was in a Zen-like state during the final drive. He is the anti-Spence.

Hackett has done a nice job this year but I would not anoint him anything just yet. This progrM is turning around and we will be able to hire coaches of bettrr qualith than a few years ago. I am not worried about replacing him should he leave.

Let's see how it works out when he dosent have a 5th year Senior QB

Stop it.

The OC, the design, and the play calling are the least of this programs issues.

If you didn't notice, when Missouri hit our guys for the most part they went backwards, and that was offense vs defense and defense vs offense, and yet the design, effort, and coaching got guys open, kept Nassib clean and gave him time, and opened holes for the backs.

They were bigger, faster, and stronger, and yet after the first quarter SU won many more plays than they lost.

The future is bigger, stronger, and faster guys playing for this staff.

Guess what that means.

Stop it.

The OC, the design, and the play calling are the least of this programs issues.

If you didn't notice, when Missouri hit our guys for the most part they went backwards, and that was offense vs defense and defense vs offense, and yet the design, effort, and coaching got guys open, kept Nassib clean and gave him time, and opened holes for the backs.

They were bigger, faster, and stronger, and yet after the first quarter SU won many more plays than they lost.

Guess what that means.

No, that was a fair point.

We've got some good things going for us. But let's see how a first-year starter does for us before we start to deify the guy.

The "Fire Hackett" thread were off-base. And I bet we're going to be good next season. But let's see how we stand in a year before we talk about what a great offensive coordinator we have.

Stop it.

Guess what that means.

What that means is Marrone & staff had better land some of those bigger, stronger, and faster guys -- we haven't been winning many recruiting battles.

The guys who have been winning games for us are all seniors (in the passing combos, plus our best OT) and juniors (running game). Next year on offense is a rebuild. Maybe you meant the distant "future"? Or possibly the defense . . . ?

I wish I could find one of those threads.

I hate posts like this. I posted yesterday that Doug and his staff deserve a world of credit for what they have done with this team in the last month. This coming from someone who has been very critical last year and earlier this year.

And that criticism was 100% deserved then. It's not now. Why rub people's noses in it? If it makes you feel better about yourself, congratulations.

Everyone here want's SU to win and be great. Now that we're playing well, focus on the positives for a change.

Has to hire a special teams coach, force anselmo to retire and rob Moore can't coach as well. Our running backs aren't any good either

Marrone and Hackett are both learning...growing together.

Has to hire a special teams coach, force anselmo to retire and rob Moore can't coach as well. Our running backs aren't any good either
and ryan nassib is the worst syracuse qb ever. Remember that one?

I hate posts like this. I posted yesterday that Doug and his staff deserve a world of credit for what they have done with this team in the last month. This coming from someone who has been very critical last year and earlier this year.

And that criticism was 100% deserved then. It's not now. Why rub people's noses in it? If it makes you feel better about yourself, congratulations.

Everyone here want's SU to win and be great. Now that we're playing well, focus on the positives for a change.

If one couldn't say "I told you so" on this board, the posting population would probably be cut in half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ahhhh.. so it's OK for you to criticize,but when you turn out to be blatently wrong,that should just be swept under the rug. I've got it now.

Ahhhh.. so it's OK for you to criticize,but when you turn out to be blatently wrong,that should just be swept under the rug. I've got it now.

Blatantly wrong? I don't think so. Prior to this nice run we are on, there were PLENTY of questionable decisions being made by the staff and we were losing games we should not have been.

Trust me; I'm glad that I'm eating some crow. All I want is this program to win every game they play.

And, yes, it is ok for me to criticize post I think are dumb.

We have paid for Hackett's OJT and it was quite painful so I would like to reap the benefits for a couple of years.

Remember, he is winning with the same players that he lost with before so I think we can put the talent issue aside. The issue was the plan and it is very much to his credit that he has grown in the job but he still needs a lot more experience as an OC before he is a consistent performer at a higher level. Don't get me wrong, I root for him to succeed and I am happy for the recent success just want a little more

Blatantly wrong? I don't think so. Prior to this nice run we are on, there were PLENTY of questionable decisions being made by the staff and we were losing games we should not have been.

Trust me; I'm glad that I'm eating some crow. All I want is this program to win every game they play.

And, yes, it is ok for me to criticize post I think are dumb.
i've never seen a team where the light bulb went on for so many people all at the same time

now we just need to get marrone to stop punting from the 38 yard line

Well, yes, because the difference is that one of the people in question here voluntarily posts on an open forum, and the other is paid handsomely to run a football program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom