Marrone to be on Jim Rome show | Syracusefan.com

Marrone to be on Jim Rome show

This reminds me of Nuke Laloosh interviewing in Bull Durham.

How about a PBP, guys - not everyone can listen.
To paraphrase:
-He's knows next to nothing about the Bills players or their prospects.
-He restored SU's tradition.
-He talked to Sean Payton and (Herm?) Edwards before interviewing.
-'He's obviously'- his wording- had other college opportunities in the past.

Really not a whole lot of info from the interview.

I agree with the comments above. It was about what you'd expect - no real information; just standard new coach responses.
- "Absolutely" surprised that he went from bowl game on 12/29 to head coach on 1/7; not what he was expecting to happen.
- Players will see that he's a "straightforward" guy (or maybe he said "straight shooter").

There wasn't really much said that was noteworthy.
I thought Rome might press him a little bit but he was lobbing him softballs.

Rome was really complimentary of the Buffalo Bills fanbase so maybe he's a closet fan.

Rome grates on me the way Rush Limbaugh does. If I'm ever captured by the Taliban, all they would have to do is force me to listen to Jim Rome and I would crack.

Marrone is dead to me. I will always feel gratitude that he rescued us from the abyss, but I feel foolish and deceived for buying into his "SU loyalty" schtick. His sudden, unexpected departure was obviously planned, let the air out of whatever momentum the bowl win provided, and put this recruiting class in jeopardy. But, hey, it's all just a business, right?

Time to move on.

Rome grates on me the way Rush Limbaugh does. If I'm ever captured by the Taliban, all they would have to do is force me to listen to Jim Rome and I would crack.

Marrone is dead to me. I will always feel gratitude that he rescued us from the abyss, but I feel foolish and deceived for buying into his "SU loyalty" schtick. His sudden, unexpected departure was obviously planned, let the air out of whatever momentum the bowl win provided, and put this recruiting class in jeopardy. But, hey, it's all just a business, right?

Time to move on.

Exactly how "planned" could his departure have been. Two months ago, no one would have give no him a snowball's chance. Until the end of November, he was on anyone's list. I'd wager he got us to the bowl game, got a few feelers, and it happened pretty quick. He took the opportunity. End of story.

Time to move on.
Joe, I think you get the prize for being the first syracusefan.comer to use one of the boards favorite bite lines "____ is dead to me", on Doug Marrone.

I agree with everything you say, except that saying, but I will never again have warm fuzzes for the guy because this is the only program I care about, through thick or thin.

The Bill's have nothing to do with Syracuse University or our fandom.

Heck you would have thought the Bills would have made a better effort over the years to reel in some fans here in CNY by picking up a James Mungro, Dwight Freeney, Tim Green etc.

Doug Marrone's aspirations no longer have anything to do with Syracuse University or it's football program.

He made a life decision for himself & his family, nothing wrong with that, but he lead us to believe that being the head coach at Syracuse University was his ultimate goal, his dream job.

We thought we had the football equivalent to Jim Boeheim, a lifer who would navigate difficult waters and be with us through thick and thin, better or worse.

We all learned together, that wasn't the case.

He's not quite dead to me. More like this. I'll check back in a year or two.

IMG_3743.JPG

To paraphrase:
-He's knows next to nothing about the Bills players or their prospects.
-He restored SU's tradition.
-He talked to Sean Payton and (Herm?) Edwards before interviewing.
-'He's obviously'- his wording- had other college opportunities in the past.

Really not a whole lot of info from the interview.

So FHCDM didn't prepare a "notebook" for this interview?
Can it be that's it's actually easier to get a HC gig in the NFL than D-1?
Guess it helps to have the hiring guy be from your town. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom