Maryland is such a huge game | Syracusefan.com

Maryland is such a huge game

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Gotta nip this losing streak in the bud right now. Beat Maryland and we're still on solid ground for a 1 seed and to tie virginia for 1st in acc next week. Lose and 1 seed is in serious jeopardy, you can hand over acc regular season champs to UVA, and looking at a 4 game losing streak. Freakin unc would only be a game behind us. Must win tomorrow.

Gotta nip this losing streak in the bud right now. Beat Maryland and we're still on solid ground for a 1 seed and to tie virginia for 1st in acc next week. Lose and 1 seed is in serious jeopardy, you can hand over acc regular season champs to UVA, and looking at a 4 game losing streak. Freakin unc would only be a game behind us. Must win tomorrow.
Perfectly stated.

Agree 100% and Maryland needs this game big time and has had a week off to prepare so you know they will come to play

Are the refs going to try to cheat us in Maryland like they did at Pitt and Duke? If so we better get used to the idea of being a 2 seed.

Maybe if we shoot better then 38% and 22% from 3 it won't come down to a bad call
I agree we need to shoot better...TE and TC have to step it up
I think JBs tantrum can go both ways...continue a train wreck, or fire up the team
OO44

Absolutely right. That's why I'm even more upset now about BC. If we had won that game I'd be feeling pretty good: 25-1 and a close loss at Cameron. No problem there. Instead, MD becomes a must-win, on two days rest, vs. a week for them. Not where I wanted to be.

ClamOtto said:
Absolutely right. That's why I'm even more upset now about BC. If we had won that game I'd be feeling pretty good: 25-1 and a close loss at Cameron. No problem there. Instead, MD becomes a must-win, on two days rest, vs. a week for them. Not where I wanted to be.

Yup, BC could end up costing us msg. Last nite would have been almost meaningless if we beat BC. Now our next 2 are must wins to stay on the 1 line.

Even with 4 losses who is going to take our 1 seed?
Yup, BC could end up costing us msg. Last nite would have been almost meaningless if we beat BC. Now our next 2 are must wins to stay on the 1 line.

Lunardi has dropped us from overall#1 to the 3rd #1 after these 2 losses so with 2 more we could lose a #1 seed for sure

Lunardi has dropped us from overall#1 to the 3rd #1 after these 2 losses so with 2 more we could lose a #1 seed for sure
To who? 1 seeding line is totally different than overall seeding.

I am quite confident about our chances in our two games this week. I expect our team to come out snorting fire on Monday night, and take it to the Terps.

No doubt in my mind.

All 4 of our games are must win, though a win at UVA is vital for perception purposes. I can't see a #1 if we lose the reg season by 2 full games AND lost to the league winner, even if the schedules are unbalanced. UVA's trip to Maryland will not be easy though.

Fair and Grant playing in front of lots of family. They'll get it done. Cooney needs to make some threes and I hope Gbinije continues his good play.