Maryland, stability, etc. | Syracusefan.com

Maryland, stability, etc.

Timonen

All Conference
It's interesting to read the reaction to the MD news. The last decade has included an annual dance of rumors and movement. Why would anyone assume stability now, just because we happen to be happy with our pending locale? This movement will continue forever until the whole system fundamentally blows up.

Let's enjoy the next 5ish years but know that pieces will continue to move...and hope/trust that our leadership will be on top of it to keep us in as good a postion as possible.

Accepting that macro position, my hope is to NOT just jump on the next best thing and pull Louisville or uconn into the mix. I don't want any commuter schools and i don't see whay uconn adds to justify the revenue split and increased competition in the big east.

I hate reading this stuff and talking about it. I work in a Title I school in a district who has not given any staff from principals to teachers raises in seven years. I am not talking about huge money raises but the same raises anyone else gets for staying with a company. It has also effected fund to tutoring programs, busing (some students ride a bus for an hour before and after school), all types of extra curricular that would enrich instruction art, sports, music, etc... and then you see greed and wonder where our society is going. It breaks my heart to see this happening to the country I so dearly love and my family has fought for for 5 generations at least (military). Our priorities are bass ackwards see PSU, Hollywood, expansion, outsourcing. Didn't this happen to Rome?

All I can do is try to teach my students, the best I can, about wrong and right. I have great examples to show them of wrong.

This being said, out of all of this, I think we the perfect AD to handle this situation and hope and pray that our next Chancellor will be very business savvy. Higher education is dead and rumored to be the next bubble to implode. In the end, I like to think that we will be okay. My first and last post about this mess.

Mem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom