Matt Millen just broke down | Syracusefan.com

Matt Millen just broke down

cuseguy

Living Legend
on ESPN talking about Paterno and the scandal.

Remember, he played for Paterno.

on ESPN talking about Paterno and the scandal.

Remember, he played for Paterno.

That was unreal. Seeing a grown man hard ass football dude losing it like that. Obviously very personal for him.

That was unreal. Seeing a grown man hard ass football dude losing it like that. Obviously very personal for him.

That's not say ridiculous things. I think his cratering of the Lions shows he knows very little about football.

That's not say ridiculous things. I think his cratering of the Lions shows he knows very little about football.

ridiculous comment. Yeah an AA football player with a long NFL career knows nothing about football. He may not be the guy you want to run the business side of a football team from a talent perspective and day to day business, but to say he doesn't know anything about football is short sighted and wrong. I like his take on this toward the end of that segment.

Collegiate All-American, won 4 Super Bowl rings. Yeah, he knows nothing about football.

ridiculous comment. Yeah an AA football player with a long NFL career knows nothing about football. He may not be the guy you want to run the business side of a football team from a talent perspective and day to day business, but to say he doesn't know anything about football is short sighted and wrong. I like his take on this toward the end of that segment.

Collegiate All-American, won 4 Super Bowl rings. Yeah, he knows nothing about football.

0-16. Worst record of any executive in NFL history.

He played football, and obviously did it well. But that doesn't mean he has a clue what the hell he's talking about when he's analyzing it.

He played football, and obviously did it well. But that doesn't mean he has a clue what the hell he's talking about when he's analyzing it.

Again ridiculous. Keep digging.

Again ridiculous. Keep digging.

Digging? I witnessed it and had to watch his epic incompetence firsthand.

Greg Robinson won two Super Bowls, but would call him a great football mind?

Ask the Detroit Lions if Millen knows anything about football. They will say he is mostly competent in toilet bowls, which is where he took them.

Wow.
I can't begin to imagine what the PSU students, alums, athletes, family members, etc. are going through right now.
This situation is so bizarre, & yet the only reaction is anger at those who stayed silent, especially Paterno.
There's just no way around this thing.
Some actions are indefensible- & what those PSU people didn't do, & the impact it had on god-knows-how-many other victims, is just unforgivable.
Stick a fork in them...

I always thought Milen was and still is a great analyst and knows a ton about the game. He was a lousy GM and made many poor personnel decisions but that doesnt make him unknowledgeble about the game. I think thats pretty obvious.

I don't see how Millen can say this is a "polarizing" issue. That would imply large numbers of people on both sides of the issue. Aside from the fact that everyone is "innocent until proven guilty" I don't think anyone doesn't feel this is an atrocity.

Aside from that, too much information on one side of the issue to believe that Sandusky is anything but a pedophile of the worst order. Difficult to imagine anyone could turn away from it.

First thing that comes to mind with me is the Michael Jackson charade. Who DOESN'T believe MJ was enjoying inappropriate contact with minors? The difference is MJ was a freak, and everyone knew he was a freak. Sandusky portrayed himself as a saint, and was really a predator.

Lastly, I can't imagine ANY parent letting his/her 10-year-old sleep over at some guys house -- I don't care if he is a big-time football coach, the local T-Ball coach, or the local minister.

I always thought Milen was and still is a great analyst and knows a ton about the game. He was a lousy GM and made many poor personnel decisions but that doesnt make him unknowledgeble about the game. I think thats pretty obvious.

I find it funny when people think because someone fails at possibly the highest position in the sport of football (NFL General Manager), that must mean he doesn't know or understand the sport.

If memory serves me, Millen actually got the Lions GM job based on his work as an analyst. I think he was regarded as one of the best at the time, outside of Madden. His tenure proved that knowing how to play and analyze the game doesn't always translate to knowing how to build a team. And since that Lions gig went on way too long, it pretty much killed his reputation, too many can't take him serious as an analyst now.

If memory serves me, Millen actually got the Lions GM job based on his work as an analyst. I think he was regarded as one of the best at the time, outside of Madden. His tenure proved that knowing how to play and analyze the game doesn't always translate to knowing how to build a team. And since that Lions gig went on way too long, it pretty much killed his reputation, too many can't take him serious as an analyst now.

I am a Lions fan, and I don't know how anyone can ever take him seriously as an analyst.

I personally enjoy his analysis of the NFL Draft.

I wish Millen would go away. I hate listening to him. After his performance in Detroit he does not have a right to critique anyone in the NFL. Maybe he can do radio play by play for the nittany Lions.

I am a Lions fan, and I don't know how anyone can ever take him seriously as an analyst.

I personally enjoy his analysis of the NFL Draft.
The only thing he is guilty of is bad personnel hires. Drafting overrated WR's and poor draft decisions in general. Its easy to play MMQ when these guys dont pan out. I thought Joey Harrington, Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams were good picks at the time. Obviously they didnt pan out. The guy still knows X's and O's and I enjoy when he does Giants games.

Managing an organization and analyzing a topic are two entirely different beasts.

In any organization, you have people who cannot rise above being "personal contributors" because they lack the management skills necessary. They still are very knowledgeable about their area of expertise and capable of being analytic in regards to it.. A good example is being a scientist or researcher vs. managing an R&D organization. There are good scientists out there who are very knowledgable about the field that would be absolute disasters when it comes to managing the organizations to which they contribute. Some people just lack those skills or have not put in the time to develop those skills so that they can be successful on the management side.

Digging? I witnessed it and had to watch his epic incompetence firsthand.

Greg Robinson won two Super Bowls, but would call him a great football mind?

Ok clearly you are right and he's never known anything about football, doesn't know anything about football, and never will know anything about the game of football. Case closed. :bang: :crazy: :blah:

Ok clearly you are right and he's never known anything about football, doesn't know anything about football, and never will know anything about the game of football. Case closed. :bang: :crazy: :blah:

In related news, Greg Robinson is a truly great football mind.

That's everything a General Manager does.

If he was your GM, would you still enjoy watching him do Giants games?
Hell yes. I LOATHED Ray Handey when he coached the Giants Giving him the reigns after Parcells was a joke but I still watched and rooted like hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom