Matt Patricia | Syracusefan.com

Matt Patricia

If the Pats make it to the Superbowl, it'll be at least a month before he's hired.
That could be very, very bad.

another NFL coordinator. No thanks.

another guy who if he does well will bolt in a few years for the first NFL job offered!

Not only that but what about the Pats D since 2004 says that their coordinator should be hired as a head coach on any level?

So we a r not going to hire coaches we think the nfl might want down the road.

So we a r not going to hire coaches we think the nfl might want down the road.

Agreed, we need to hire the best coach and staff that we can regardless of jumping to the NFL in a few years of success right now. I love continuity in coaching but success is more important and after the last go around, I'm resigned, lost faith, that there is no continuity anymore in coaching.

1. Not that this necessarily means Patricia is no good, but the track record of Belichick assts isn't very good. Weis, Crennel, Mangini, McDaniel, and Bill O'Brien. Jury out on O'Brien and the rest have failed.
2. The Pats D has basically sucked under Patricia
3. It's hard to assess how smart he is because BB only let's him speak once a week and when he does its in the language of Belichick. Question - "So Matt can you assess the performance of your D today"? Response "Some things were good. Some things need to be better. We'll look at the tape and see if we can get better". etcetc.
4. I'm not sure Pats D-coordinator is exactly the same job it is other places - BB spends waaay more time on the D than on the O.

So, my vote is no but who knows maybe Patricia is a genius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom