Max preps top 25 recruiting classes | Syracusefan.com

Max preps top 25 recruiting classes

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
18 Syracuse
Signees/Commitments: No. 8 DaJuan Coleman (6-9, 285, C), No. 38 Jerami Grant (6-8, 210, SF)
What to expect: If Coleman can round into shape by next season, the Orange won't miss Fab Melo much. He has a chance to be a dominating big man at the college level, but has looked a bit bored with the game for the past couple of years.

Whats up with the dc comments there has been a lot of him being lazy and stuff.

Being bored implies that he was not challenged, which is not that big of a deal. Because, he will surely be challenged at SU. And, he seems to be working very hard to be ready to go from the get go. Lazy would be a problem, hopefully this isn't the case.

I think some of the lazy reports come from the all star games where big men get to watch the guards/small forwards handle the ball, shoot 3 pts. and/or drive to the basket 90% of the time.

He's been a high ranked player at J-D now for 3 years. He has been dominant in almost every game. I agree with RO that the all-star games are really not challenging for the big men b/c the game is generally dominated by the guards and small forwards who throw everything up. I think that HS ball would be boring. But he will face a whole new complication now and I think that the boredom will quickly dissipate. With boredom comes some laziness. I think JB will handle that right off the bat, if there is any.

I think some of the lazy reports come from the all star games where big men get to watch the guards/small forwards handle the ball, shoot 3 pts. and/or drive to the basket 90% of the time.

He sure didn't look lazy in the McD's all star game. Kid ran hard the entire game, even though he's not the fleetest afoot. But he never took plays off--even when he was trailing the action, he ran hard to get upcourt.

Good sign, IMO.

He sure didn't look lazy in the McD's all star game. Kid ran hard the entire game, even though he's not the fleetest afoot. But he never took plays off--even when he was trailing the action, he ran hard to get upcourt.

Good sign, IMO.
I'd rather be called bored than lazy.