MAY madness?????? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MAY madness??????

Final 4 during (May) finals--you would only be interfering with 4 schools (8 if you count the NIT). At the end of the first semester (Dec), you have 327 teams playing as final exams loom.

SU doesn't play any games during finals, and I imagine that is the norm for most schools. It's not just the Final 4, it's playing all the post-season tournaments during the final month of the semester.

For selfish reasons I think this would be neat. Longer timespan of sports I care about to get me threw the winter. Start the season in December right after fall finals. That way everyone would be invested once conference play comes around. I can deffinetly see how the beginning of the season can get lost in the shuffle with the conference finals, playoffs and bowl games taking place. I believe its a good way to transition the seasons. And for those saying its getting done only for money, I do believe this would benefit the students. Obviously their would be practice times in the fall, but put time constraints on it and they have one semester where they can really hit the books and only one semester is effected by their sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom