McD AA Game Makes You Want to Barf | Syracusefan.com

McD AA Game Makes You Want to Barf

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
6 McD AA's committed to UK. If Wiggins commits it would be 7. And we're supposed to believe that nothing illegal is going on. Yeah right. The NCAA is deaf, dumb, and blind. Plus the commentary is like a recruiting commercial for UK. Maybe JB should hire CAA to rep him too. It will be interesting to see how unhappy some of these guys will be next season (as well as some of the holdovers) when they get little PT.

As i read this a papa johns commercial comes on with paypalcal in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they're either all going to play like 20 minutes or some guys will barely play at all and be pissed off. Going to be interesting to see if they can gel.

The whole Kentucky thingy will take care of itself in time. The model that Calipari has created is not sustainable over time. People were up in arms at this time last year as well. Look how that turned out. The enemy of recruiting 7 McD AA is stability of the program. It's a crapshoot as to whether you can assemble that level of talent and still create chemistry and cohesiveness and keep 7 McDonald primadonas happy.

I for one get much more sense of program continuity the way it's done at Syracuse. Identify a prototypical player to fill specific roles which correspond to the philosophy and style of the program while mixing 2 year players with 3 and 4 year "program stalwart" type players who provide continuity and hone their talent within the dictates of the team objectives. And voila! a final 4 contender emerges out of nowhere because the Professor has the finely crafted 35 year formula for doing so!

Nevermind that, the game itself is unwatchable...

Even better, UK has 9.. NINE projected first round NBA picks in next draft. That's insane.

I thought the McDonalds ALL American game changed its name to the Kuntucky JV Game...?? Huh who da thunk?

Even better, UK has 9.. NINE projected first round NBA picks in next draft. That's insane.
angry-ashley-judd.jpg

"How the hell are we going to keep nine first round picks happy next year?!? How bad did you screw this up?!?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

large_John-Calipari-Kentucky.jpg

"Hey, baby, that's just four more than last year. You do your job, and I'll do mine, and it'll all work out fine."

we should make a rule no talking about kentucky on this board. All uk posts get deleted. Personally I don't watch their games, ruined last years title game for me.

Calipari has done this for years. Now that he is at Kentucky he has even more resources. At least you can respect duke, unc, Louisville, uconn, and Kansas as far as their programs go. Kentucky kind of showed itself to be a joke this year if you ask me. McDonald's all Americans are overrated. Every school has had their share of busts. There aren't Carmelo Anthony's coming out of high school on a yearly basis.

The whole Kentucky thingy will take care of itself in time. The model that Calipari has created is not sustainable over time. People were up in arms at this time last year as well. Look how that turned out. The enemy of recruiting 7 McD AA is stability of the program. It's a crapshoot as to whether you can assemble that level of talent and still create chemistry and cohesiveness and keep 7 McDonald primadonas happy.

Don't get me wrong - I hate Kentucky, but Calipari's model has been unbelievably successful for him.

2010: 35-3, a freakishly poor shooting game in the Elite 8 vs WVU prevented them from winning it all
2011: Final Four
2012: Won it all, one of the greatest teams in college basketball history
2013: a dud
2014: greatest recruiting class in college basketball history coming in

You're right, it is a crap shoot, but he's operating at a 75% elite season success rate at Kentucky, and that doesn't even include his success at Memphis.

Not a PayPalCal or UK lover by any means, but there's alot of Haterade on this thread.
Its ironic that when folks talk about us possibly having games vacated or the NCAA breathing down our necks, it pisses us off & it doesn't feel good. Yet we jump on the UK bash-fest, rightly or wrongly, without bothering to look at our own glass house.
I too, believe Cal is/was/will be "up to something". But hating on UK because they have an unprecedented monster of a recruiting class seems at the very least, a little misguided, IMHO. :noidea:

Not a PayPalCal or UK lover by any means, but there's alot of Haterade on this thread.
Its ironic that when folks talk about us possibly having games vacated or the NCAA breathing down our necks, it pisses us off & it doesn't feel good. Yet we jump on the UK bash-fest, rightly or wrongly, without bothering to look at our own glass house.
I too, believe Cal is/was/will be "up to something". But hating on UK because they have an unprecedented monster of a recruiting class seems at the very least, a little misguided, IMHO. :noidea:

Don't get me wrong - I hate Kentucky, but Calipari's model has been unbelievably successful for him.

2010: 35-3, a freakishly poor shooting game in the Elite 8 vs WVU prevented them from winning it all

You're right, it is a crap shoot, but he's operating at a 75% elite season success rate at Kentucky, and that doesn't even include his success at Memphis.

2012 was absolutely not one of the greatest teams in college basketball history. Come on.

He is benefiting because of the watered-down nature of the college game and talent. Which is fine. It's his show and he is taking advantage of the situation. But in the overall history, that 2012 team isn't even close to being one of the best teams ever.

Of course Cals game strategy has worked. He gets 2-3 isolation studs, athletic freaks including freshmen who aren't to turnover prone for a young team, a few rebounders/shot blockers to protect the paint, and a few kids that can really shoot the ball on top of it.

Its a no brainer. Give that to any Division one Top 6 conference school and 2 out of 3 small conference schools and they would make serious noise.

The only credit I give him is if his recruiting started out legal a few years ago to get the success he has now. And his current success probably isn't legal. UK should change their name to the Kentucky Illegals while their players laugh about it being illegally good when it means illegally cheating. It would be fun to watch them hit a mental wall in march. They deserve it. Serves them right.

Those stupid uniforms made me want to barf last night. Could not follow the action well because of them. And I can't stand the announcers each year who babble on about everything but the game action.

Of course Cals game strategy has worked. He gets 2-3 isolation studs, athletic freaks including freshmen who aren't to turnover prone for a young team, a few rebounders/shot blockers to protect the paint, and a few kids that can really shoot the ball on top of it.

Its a no brainer. Give that to any Division one Top 6 conference school and 2 out of 3 small conference schools and they would make serious noise.

The only credit I give him is if his recruiting started out legal a few years ago to get the success he has now. And his current success probably isn't legal. UK should change their name to the Kentucky Illegals while their players laugh about it being illegally good when it means illegally cheating. It would be fun to watch them hit a mental wall in march. They deserve it. Serves them right.

In some fairness, potential recruiting illegalities aside, just talking on the court basketball, I think it's easier said than done to get a team full of elite freshmen and turn them into NCAA champs. There are a lot of egos. You have to get them to play defense, box out, be disciplined on offense, work hard in practice, and sweat a lot of details. It sure helps to have raw talent, but it is no guarantee of success. The guy can coach, of that there is no doubt.

As i read this a papa johns commercial comes on with paypalcal in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it has nothing to do with money, but rather nba. would u as a consensos top 10 rather be an assistant coach or a lottery pick

Yeah, it's funny, people really dislike Cal (I get it, don't get me wrong) so they are so quick to poke holes in anything he's doing. He's been ridiculously successful at UK the last 4 years. Making the NIT this year doesn't "prove" anything about his method any more than us missing the NCAA's in 07 and 08 proved anything about JB.

I expect UK to be really really good next year. Though I wonder if pollsters are a little gun shy to rank them really highly because of what happened this year.

2012 was absolutely not one of the greatest teams in college basketball history. Come on.

He is benefiting because of the watered-down nature of the college game and talent. Which is fine. It's his show and he is taking advantage of the situation. But in the overall history, that 2012 team isn't even close to being one of the best teams ever.

Agree to disagree, Mike. At the very top you have 1996 Kentucky, 1990/1991 UNLV, 2009 UNC, etc., but I think last year's Kentucky is a solid "2nd-tier" all-time great team.

I for one get much more sense of program continuity the way it's done at Syracuse. Identify a prototypical player to fill specific roles which correspond to the philosophy and style of the program while mixing 2 year players with 3 and 4 year "program stalwart" type players who provide continuity and hone their talent within the dictates of the team objectives. And voila! a final 4 contender emerges out of nowhere because the Professor has the finely crafted 35 year formula for doing so!

A footnote to Flacusian's comment: The Syracuse "system" enables the team to lose 2-3 players to graduation or the pros and still have experienced players to fill in and come into their own the following years. Think of how good the 2009-10 team was (AO/Wes/Andy gone) and 2011-12 team was (Fab/Dion/Scoop/KJ gone) and yet this year's team is Final Four caliber. Maybe "supressing" a McDAA for a year (MCW/DC2) is the only way to guarantee a very talented player will learn the skills needed to contribute at SU. Well done, staff.-VBOF