McDonalds Finalists | Syracusefan.com

McDonalds Finalists

I think Ennis will make it, but as well as Roberson and BJ are playing, I think most voters have their team already picked.

It'd be nice if Roberson and Johnson get into the Jordan game. I thought I heard it's in Brooklyn this year, I'm assuming at Barclay's, and Zags said that means they'll probably take more kids from the northeast. Would be great to see some of our guys play in these games on these stages and would have to be a great experience for the kids and their families as well.

I think Ennis will make it, but as well as Roberson and BJ are playing, I think most voters have their team already picked.
Doesn't Wooten pick the team?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

How do the nominations work? Iowa has 34 players nominated and New York has 4? And I understand that Huntington Prep is one of the best preps but they have 5 nominations? Again, the entire state of New York has 4?

McCullough wasn't impressed with the NY nominees

I think that dinosaur has been phased out over the past few years now.

Did you see the article in the Daily News that mentioned 2 kids from NYC got McDonald's nominations that are no longer playing ball? Wooten blamed it on Tom Konchalski, who said "what are you talking about?".

Did you see the article in the Daily News that mentioned 2 kids from NYC got McDonald's nominations that are no longer playing ball? Wooten blamed it on Tom Konchalski, who said "what are you talking about?".
lol I haven't seen that article but nothing with Wooten surprises me. Will never forget that old geezer blocking Harris from the Burger game.

Here ya go...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/mcdonald-selection-committee-whopper-mistake-article-1.1242286[/quote]

Thank you kind sir. That whole situation is just sad and now you know why some of these selections don't make any sense. How can 80 year old men properly evaluate teenagers all over the country, much less select them to all star games. I'm pretty sure they just look at names and say "ok he's going to Duke, UK, and UNC so he must be good." No wonder so many Duke stiffs have made that team over the years.

How do the nominations work? Iowa has 34 players nominated and New York has 4? And I understand that Huntington Prep is one of the best preps but they have 5 nominations? Again, the entire state of New York has 4?
That's definitely not the entire list. There's no way there are over 800 names listed there. Also, that NY Daily News article linked here says that there are 20 local NYC kids nominated...

That's definitely not the entire list. There's no way there are over 800 names listed there. Also, that NY Daily News article linked here says that there are 20 local NYC kids nominated...
That 20 might encompass the whole Tri-State area.

NY has 2 nominees? What a joke. I remember last year 4 kids from the Syracuse academy of science were on this list. That's a class D NYS school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom