Mcfarlane | Syracusefan.com

Mcfarlane

bothsocksup

Starter
Just got done watching some hs footage of Devante, and theres no doubt in my mind he could play Safety for us and make an imporvement. Hes a big physical kid and hes too athletic not to play in my opnion. Probably too late but i definitely think its worth a shot. Send em in Bobke

Just got done watching some hs footage of Devante, and theres no doubt in my mind he could play Safety for us and make an imporvement. Hes a big physical kid and hes too athletic not to play in my opnion. Probably too late but i definitely think its worth a shot. Send em in Bobke
He could go reverse Diamond Ferri. And why not? If we lose Saturday we can stick a fork in this season.

I've always wondered why McFarlane wasn't moved to safety this year. I understand that the depth at RB wasn't great heading into camp, but the emergence of Fredericks and Strickland should've allowed that move. At the worst case scenario, he would have to be flipped back in the event of injury emergencies. You don't forget how to play the position.

He has ideal size for a safety, too. I'm sure the staff has their own reasons why not, but it seems like a head scratcher at this point.

I've always wondered why McFarlane wasn't moved to safety this year. I understand that the depth at RB wasn't great heading into camp, but the emergence of Fredericks and Strickland should've allowed that move. At the worst case scenario, he would have to be flipped back in the event of injury emergencies. You don't forget how to play the position.

He has ideal size for a safety, too. I'm sure the staff has their own reasons why not, but it seems like a head scratcher at this point.

Yeah, and it's not like he's getting a lot of touches as a running back the last couple of games. More than likely he would have more plains on the D. Oh well, I guess that ship has sailed... Or sunk... Whatever...

Yeah, and it's not like he's getting a lot of touches as a running back the last couple of games. More than likely he would have more plains on the D. Oh well, I guess that ship has sailed... Or sunk... Whatever...

Tebucky jones moved over senior year and became a number 1 draft pick. Not saying that would happen but worth a shot in my opinion.

He doesn't want to move to safety. Wants to stay at RB. This has been discussed.

He doesn't want to move to safety. Wants to stay at RB. This has been discussed.
I say make him move to safety or free up his scholarship for he probably won't be playing much at RB moving forward.

Devante was the starter coming into the season and got banged up in camp. He's struggled with his injuries since. It has moved him out of the rotation, which is predictable.

He spent his True FR year at Safety, it wasn't as good of a fit as RB. We need more depth at Safety, but, also need that depth at RB as well. I don't think a banged up RJR RB is the answer.

He could go reverse Diamond Ferri. And why not? If we lose Saturday we can stick a fork in this season.
I might be forgetting some details, but where's the "reverse" part here? Ferri came in as a RB before switching to DB.

The real question is, if he moved to Safety. How would that improve our ability to increase our Advanced Offensive metrics and YPG.

that was for Finwad32 ;)

I might be forgetting some details, but where's the "reverse" part here? Ferri came in as a RB before switching to DB.
Wasn't he playing safety that season, and then moved to running back as an emergency?

HeaterCuse22 said:
The real question is, if he moved to Safety. How would that improve our ability to increase our Advanced Offensive metrics and YPG. that was for Finwad32 ;)

I know you're joking - but honestly - it might help. He's been the 5th best ball carrier, 6th if you count Dungey.

Wasn't he playing safety that season, and then moved to running back as an emergency?
Against BC, yes. I thought you meant just the progression of their careers. Ferri did indeed switch from RB to DB, and then played RB in a pinch against BC.

Against BC, yes. I thought you meant just the progression of their careers. Ferri did indeed switch from RB to DB, and then played RB in a pinch against BC.

And kicked maximum ass while doing it

He got some carries against Temple the week before as well..if I remember correctly.

Yeah, we should throw another Corey Winfield back there. Doesn't make sense at all. What they should have done was move Whigham or Morgan to safety since they had the most experience at the beginning of the season. It's a lot easier to play safety than corner and the transition should've been smooth.

Wow, so you throw him under the bus then. That's pretty sad considering he's played almost 3 years now and done a pretty decent job for us considering what he's been through.
Not throwing him under the bus. Cuse needs bodies at the safety position and he fits the bill so he should give it a try instead of getting 1 - 3 carries a game. Change of position sometimes works for many people are mentioning Tuckey Jones and Kevin Johnson.

Not throwing him under the bus. Cuse needs bodies at the safety position and he fits the bill so he should give it a try instead of getting 1 - 3 carries a game. Change of position sometimes works for many people are mentioning Tuckey Jones and Kevin Johnson.
You said to take his scholarship away from if he wouldn't want to convert, so what does that mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom