McNabb | Syracusefan.com

McNabb

mlbball99

2nd String
I think Dr. Gross and Marrone should make a push to bring McNabb into the Football program. Whether it is as a coach, mentor, or just a representative. Now that he is retired and in TV we need to take advantage and bring in McNabb's leadership to this program.

IMO McNabb is not going to coach. He is a very articulate guy (and very classy) and probably has a high paying media career ahead of him. It would certainly be great if we got him involved in the program in any way.

I mentioined this last year and was attacked. SU needs playmakers. bring mcnabb in and they will come. So Gross and whomever replaces dougie marrone should go out and get mcnabb.

bring him in before he is becomes HISTORY to recruits
I fear he already is. 16 year old kids today were BORN in 1996. They were barely out of diapers when he played here and in kindergarten when he was good in the NFL. McNabb's best seasons ended in the early 2000's. These kids were 7 or 8 years old then.

I think Dr. Gross and Marrone should make a push to bring McNabb into the Football program. Whether it is as a coach, mentor, or just a representative. Now that he is retired and in TV we need to take advantage and bring in McNabb's leadership to this program.
you mean that fat guy who was run out of philly, dc and minny?? he went to Syracuse??

interesting.

i think he needs to remake his name 1st, then come back. and he should do it on tv on saturdays, not sundays.

Leadership? The knock on him in DC is that he didn't learn the plays (granted they were Kyle Shanahan plays so they were dumb plays) and he got out of shape and looked awful on the field in Minny.

My personal view is that we didn't get 1 legit kid to go to SU to be the next McNabb - that ship sailed. Not sure showing kids chubby 40 year men is the best way to get it done.

If McNabb is on staff, there are a lot of kids in South Jersey, Philly that would love to play for #5.

I thought we didn't like hiring assistant coaches with ZERO experience.

Maybe he can be a life skills coach ... and teach the players the proper way to eat Chunky Soup.

Leadership? The knock on him in DC is that he didn't learn the plays (granted they were Kyle Shanahan plays so they were dumb plays) and he got out of shape and looked awful on the field in Minny.

My personal view is that we didn't get 1 legit kid to go to SU to be the next McNabb - that ship sailed. Not sure showing kids chubby 40 year men is the best way to get it done.

Man, you Giants fans are harsh. You'll be taking it to his grave.

Man, you Giants fans are harsh. You'll be taking it to his grave.

If he really sucked against the Giants, would there be the hate? No such hate for Vick - guess he hasn't hurt them.

If he really sucked against the Giants, would there be the hate? No such hate for Vick - guess he hasn't hurt them.

No hate, just dislike seeing fellow grads letting themselves go like that. ;)

End of the day it's about the rings, Philly is down 4 in that count.

What this program needs is McNabb to shake down a bunch of alums.

Exactly, his greatest strength to SU would be his rain-making ability.

Make it rain Donovan. Start by hitting up Rob Konrad's hedge fund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom