McQueary sacrificed for Penn State football's image | Syracusefan.com

McQueary sacrificed for Penn State football's image

The death penalty would have been too kind to that program. And give it up to ESPN, who got scooped on the big story and went ahead and made sure they would out McQueary's own childhood horror before anyone else could. Such a fine organization they are. Cutthroats and scallywags be they all.

Penn State can't suck enough for the next 50 years.

The B1G is a ruthless political organization , run out of Chicago.

The death penalty would have been too kind to that program. And give it up to ESPN, who got scooped on the big story and went ahead and made sure they would out McQueary's own childhood horror before anyone else could. Such a fine organization they are. Cutthroats and scallywags be they all.

Penn State can't suck enough for the next 50 years.

That's why I couldn't believe the backlash to their initial sanctions. Yes, they were unprecedented--but that's because the atrocities associated with the cover up were unprecedented.

That the Penn State "joebots" behaved as though THEY were the victims demonstrated that the sanctions weren't severe enough, and that the culture was even further gone than I thought.

Reducing the sanctions after one year was both a cop-out and negative reinforcement of that broken culture, IMO. This quote from the article sums it up perfectly:

"The culture hasn’t changed. Nothing has changed. Nobody learned. The NCAA should have shut down Penn State football. The punishment wasn’t enough."

Last edited:
My gut tells me McQueary tried to parlay his knowledge of the incident into a better gig at PSU. So I have a difficult time viewing him as a victim here. Just the same it should be obvious to all that Paterno and PSU buried this and even allowed the abuses to continue. Agree with RF, they should have shut them down.

Had a random encounter with some PSU fans a few days ago. They were still complaining about what was "done to Paterno."

we should have shut them down for NYC game.....Gross has no guts and common decency

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom