MCW 9th pick in Goodman's Mock Draft at CBS | Syracusefan.com

MCW 9th pick in Goodman's Mock Draft at CBS

Chad Ford is doing a live chat right now as well, and just said at the moment the highest he sees MCW is going is 5-10 (though that could change depending on how he does in BE play...if he dominates, he could vault into the top 3).

Interesting and probably about right on MCW. May climb even higher. But I'm still surprised that, at least according to a poster or two here, that Xmas is considering leaving. Great athlete, but I would guess at his size he's going to need to be a much more finished product to truly generate NBA interest. I think your NBA stock is much different if you have truly unique/elite measurables or a discernible, undeniable elite skill or skill set.

I find it odd that Noel is projected at #2. I really see him as a project. He doesn't score the ball well and I believe they would own him the first few years. He is definately not as polished as Davis at this point.

I find it odd that Noel is projected at #2. I really see him as a project. He doesn't score the ball well and I believe they would own him the first few years. He is definately not as polished as Davis at this point.
What I find odd is that I just accidentally typed "syracusefran.com" into my browser and then thought "hahaha wouldn't that be funny if there was a Syracuse Fran" and then here you are.

I think I just entered the Matrix.

When you are just crazy athlete with that height...you will go top 10. I believe NBA scouts call it the Tyrus Thomas rule.

Both Anthony Davis and Nerlens Noel averaged 11pts and 9rebs through their first 9 games in college.

Drafting has little to do with polish- it's all on potential, hence the #2 for Noel...though I bet if he came to the Cuse and not UCal, uh UK, he'd be rated down to 10 or somthin'. Just sayin'...

4 seniors in the top 30. 4 juniors in the top 30. Not much different than the last 5-10 years probably but exemplifies how the draft is about potential.

Hate that people compare players to Anthony Davis. It isnt fair at all. Do we compare all our prospects to Carmelo?

Yeah, as others have pointed out the thing with Noel is you can't knock the size or athleticism. Even the polish, for that matter, isn't bad. Maybe not the offensive player davis was or quite the massive force, but 9 rebs, nearly 3 steals/game and 3.6 blocks/game are pretty ridiculous.

I have a real difficult time envisioning Hardaway Jr. being drafted that low.

Like every draft in every sport, it will only depend on which teams drafts where and which teams need to fill what positions. Obviously, if Cleveland were to get another top 5 pick, you can cross that off of where MCW may go in the draft.

There aren't many highly skilled, confident, and creative 6'6'' PGs in the world ... let alone draft classes... and NBA teams don't often pass up rarities.

Also, any good scout will be looking at just how much of an impact MCW's presence has on the team as a whole because the best PGs are the ones that make other players better... and in that category I think we'd all agree that MCW is without equal. Without him we'd be in Kentucky's shoes right now.

Like every draft in every sport, it will only depend on which teams drafts where and which teams need to fill what positions. Obviously, if Cleveland were to get another top 5 pick, you can cross that off of where MCW may go in the draft.

There aren't many highly skilled, confident, and creative 6'6'' PGs in the world ... let alone draft classes... and NBA teams don't often pass up rarities.

Also, any good scout will be looking at just how much of an impact MCW's presence has on the team as a whole because the best PGs are the ones that make other players better... and in that category I think we'd all agree that MCW is without equal. Without him we'd be in Kentucky's shoes right now.

Agree across the board. I'll add that a lot will hinge on how MCW continues to perform. If he continues to lead [or stay atop] the assist / steals statistical charts, and if he shows improvement on his outside shooting, then he's going to be really tough to pass up. It's one thing to have a 6-6 PG with potential [which that alone might be enough for him to squeeze into the lottery], and another when said PG demonstrates that he is an impact player who excels at making those around him better.

Agree across the board. I'll add that a lot will hinge on how MCW continues to perform. If he continues to lead [or stay atop] the assist / steals statistical charts, and if he shows improvement on his outside shooting, then he's going to be really tough to pass up. It's one thing to have a 6-6 PG with potential [which that alone might be enough for him to squeeze into the lottery], and another when said PG demonstrates that he is an impact player who excels at making those around him better.

Let's see how he does over the course of the season against Big East competition.

I'd also like to enjoy the season first before I start caring about where he's projected in the draft.

Question---------If, by some posters "knowledge", MCW was as good last year as he is now, do we assume that he can now possibly improve? :p

Obviously, if Cleveland were to get another top 5 pick, you can cross that off of where MCW may go in the draft.

hold on . . . imagine this scenario:

MCW continues to dominate, and by the end of the year is clearly the best player in the nation.
Then, Cleveland wins the draft lottery.

What would the Cadavers do?

Do they trade the pick? Do they try to spin Irving? Do they just take MCW and build the best young backcourt rotation in the Association?

MCW continues to dominate, and by the end of the year is clearly the best player in the nation.

Do they trade the pick? Do they try to spin Irving? Do they just take MCW and build the best young backcourt rotation in the Association?

You take MCW no questions Teams have stopped drafting for need a few years ago. Needs are signed in free agency or traded for. Once you have the talent you can figure out the rest. Remember Detroit passed on Melo because they had Tashawn Prince? Those days are over.

If MCW and Dion were to wind up in the same backcourt, poor albanycuse's heart would burst.

I think CLE would trade the pick Irving is a superstar and they just drafted Dion.

However, I think the better question would be if the Wizards had the #1 pick. Do you take him even with John Wall?

Cavs would take Zeller or Plumlee unless they could use MCW as trade bait for someone better.