MCW & CJ Fair try hitting SU ace Jen Caira

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
rp_primary_CJSoftball.jpg

MCW tries first then CJ Fair

Jen Caira Big East pitcher of the week, Shirley Daniels honorable mention

You can tell why they're basketball players

You can tell why they're basketball players
Yeah. Except MLB players have great difficulty making contact vs. national class softball pitchers from 40 feet.

Yeah. Except MLB players have great difficulty making contact vs. national class softball pitchers from 40 feet.
They moved the distance back for the NCAA girl's in 1987 to 43'

In 2011 high schools moved from 40' to 43'

The men's game distance is 46'

Fun video. MCW and CJ were great sports about it.

Very true. The greatest softball pitcher of all time, Eddie Feigner, once struck out, in order, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Brooks Robinson, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills and Harmon Killebrew.

I had fun watching it, thought it was awesome to see those 2 "compete" with 2 softball players. Now I want to see Jenna and the other girl play basketball with CJ and MCW!

Very true. The greatest softball pitcher of all time, Eddie Feigner, once struck out, in order, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Brooks Robinson, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills and Harmon Killebrew.

Feigner was a nice show to watch but far from the best pitcher of his time.. there was a reason he played on a show circuit instead of playing to win.. but he did surround himself with some really good talent.

Feigner was a nice show to watch but far from the best pitcher of his time.. there was a reason he played on a show circuit instead of playing to win.. but he did surround himself with some really good talent.
Pray tell who was a better pitcher?

ouch. those are some terrible looking swings...

MCW looked like he was ready to swing when she went to tie her cleat.

He had less than no chance.

Or maybe he could make way more money in exhibitions against major leagues than playing competitive softball games that nobody cares about.

I saw Eddie twice at MacArthur Stadium. The first time he was in his hey day. They played against Moose Ilaqua a local great, Johnny Kerr, Al Bianchi and Paul Seymour of the Syracuse Nationals. Eddie pitching from second base with a blindfold on was amazing. He only had three fielders and still beat some decent local talent.

The second time around Eddie's name was used up front but a hulking young Canadian was the one who did all of the pitching. He was burly and tall and by the time he released the ball he was on top of the batter.

Back in 1985 there was a female counter part called the Queen & Her Court. They appeared at Hopkins Rd Park, $3 for adults and $2 for children. Rosie Black made thousands of men humble believers that women do belong in sports.

They said that she threw the ball over 100 mph, probably more like 70. She claimed to have over 49,000 K's, 441 perfect games, 830 no hitters and 2,545 wins & 78 losses. Professionals like Johnny Bench & Jimmy Wynn were said to have struck out like rusty gates. With an assortment of 16 different pitches including curves, risers, drops, knuckle balls, change-ups and blazing fastballs, Rosie controlled the batters. Her firstbaseman was Lotta Chatter, a comedian as well as ball player. Behind the plate was Mike Griffen formerly of the Atlanta Braves organization. The shortstop was Scott Elwell an all around athlete.

Pray tell who was a better pitcher?
Feigner learned early on that there was money in the show so that's the direction he took and he was good at it. the money to be made in fast pitch required working for a living. He made his money playing the local talent all over not by playing the best talent. At the time fast pitch was pretty competitive as baseball was king , baseball had 8-10 levels not 4-5 like it has now.

Ty Stofflet was thought to be much better in a serious game for one.. also its not widely know that feigner used a doctored ball in most games to get a bit more speed.
He pitched ASA high level ball against better competition for much longer than Feigner ever did.

Feigner knew to avoid most serious games as losing would hurt his image more than winning helped...

MCW's reaction to her first pitch says it all.

"Daaaaamn..."

CJ looked like he didn't want to go back in the batter's box after taking his first pitch. Lol! Great videos. These guys are great sports.

Feigner learned early on that there was money in the show so that's the direction he took and he was good at it. the money to be made in fast pitch required working for a living. He made his money playing the local talent all over not by playing the best talent. At the time fast pitch was pretty competitive as baseball was king , baseball had 8-10 levels not 4-5 like it has now.

Ty Stofflet was thought to be much better in a serious game for one.. also its not widely know that feigner used a doctored ball in most games to get a bit more speed.
He pitched ASA high level ball against better competition for much longer than Feigner ever did.

Feigner knew to avoid most serious games as losing would hurt his image more than winning helped...
One question-----when did you see Feigner play? If you saw him in the 50s or even 60s, it's difficult for me to believe there was anyone better at least over a long period of time. I saw him play several different times and I personally knew and/or played with some of the "local talent" he played against. These were not bums by any stretch of the imagination. While Eddie did not play in organized play, that doesn't mean he was not at the top of the heap during that time period.
Stofflet is without a doubt one of the best to ever play the game, but most of his greatness was in the 70s, if I remember correctly, and it was in organized tournament ball.
Both great pitchers, but I have to go with Eddie not only because he was good, but he made it enjoyable to watch him work. Most tournament quality fastpitch pitchers can get boring to watch strikeout after mechanical strikeout. Really boring if you play in the outfield behind them.

late 60's when my dad's team played them , it was also the wooden bat era as opposed to the 70's and the aluminum bats. games on those days there were few hits in most games, all defense and defending the bunt.

late 60's when my dad's team played them , it was also the wooden bat era as opposed to the 70's and the aluminum bats. games on those days there were few hits in most games, all defense and defending the bunt.
Exactly why I started playing slow-pitch! :)

I wasn't expecting them to make contact. But you can tell the way they were standing in the batters box they had never, ever been there before.

I wasn't expecting them to make contact. But you can tell the way they were standing in the batters box they had never, ever been there before.

yeah, MCW looked somewhat ok, CJ looked like he had never held a bat before.