Mcw + cooney + Coleman | Syracusefan.com

Mcw + cooney + Coleman

SaintTristan

Starter
MCW is the best player in the country. This year he is a top 3 pick, next yr he'd be the number 1 pick. He is going to be a magnet for other PGs. Between him and waiters, we are going to be known as "guard U"

This MCW quote is silly good: "I just like to do everything on the basketball court...I like to get assists, I like to score, get blocks, steals, rebounds. To get a steal or a pass to my teammates is a great feeling."

Coleman won't make it as an NBA player if he leaves this year. I think he should stAy till at least his jr yr. And that assumes development.

Cooney. I really like his game. Takes defense seriously with a nice looking shot. Obviously the type of guy who is very good, but a 4 yr guy you are really happy isn't good enough to leave early.

Feeling lucky to be an SU hoops fan.

Agree completely but I think MCW could potentially be the 1st pick this year.

We may have seen this recruiting run years ago if not for that idiot booster and his recruiting violations in the early '90's.

Maybe Jonny Flynn will call MCW and say, "You know what, kid? College was the best time of my life. Don't be in such a hurry to rush out of there."

Hey, ya never know!

next year number one pick is wiggin, no matter what.

Only if he goes to Kentucky so Paypal Cal can teach him about NBA finances. These guys aren't #1 picks until he "coaches" them up you know...

Maybe Jonny Flynn will call MCW and say, "You know what, kid? College was the best time of my life. Don't be in such a hurry to rush out of there."

Hey, ya never know!

Amen to that. He could get Wes Johnson and Donte Greene to sign off on it.

Hey, ya never know!
This place needs eternal optimists like you.

We may have seen this recruiting run years ago if not for that idiot booster and his recruiting violations in the early '90's.
Well that "idiot booster" was JB's best friend. The NCAA was looking for SU's scalp. They hung it on$50.00 Christmas cards.

Hey, ya never know!

6'5 guards enjoy the NBA more than 5'9 guards...

Well that "idiot booster" was JB's best friend. The NCAA was looking for SU's scalp. They hung it on$50.00 Christmas cards.
I didn't know that. So JB was lying when he said he had never met the guy.

Hey, ya never know!
I actually think that narrative may apply a lot more to DC2. The factors of enjoying life, being the BMOC, and the opportunity to ascend to near legendary status in the community would appeal more to DC2.

DC2 will be presented with an opportunity to leave based on potential. But I feel he will weigh factors other than money much heavier in his decision process.

Hey, ya never know!
And Donte Greene should be telling him that too.

Hey, ya never know!

Love the optimism, but MCW is gone. Let's just be thankful that we are going to get one OUTSTANDING year from this kid.

And Donte Greene should be telling him that too.
JFlynn to MCW: "Get your money now. You never know when your ability to play in the NBA will be derailed by injury."

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

JFlynn to MCW: "Get your money now. You never know when your ability to play in the NBA will be derailed by injury."

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
Preach on. The lack of a 2nd contract for Flynn and Greene isn't support for them staying in school. It makes their choice to get their sure first contract that much smarter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MCW's situation is not even on the same dimension as Flynn or Greene's decision to go pro.

Preach on. The lack of a 2nd contract for Flynn and Greene isn't support for them staying in school. It makes their choice to get their sure first contract that much smarter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Many do not understand this. They can spend all of their time working on their game once they get a garanteed contract. If you aren't good enough after that first contract you wouldn't have improved more in college anyway over that period of time IMO.

Many do not understand this. They can spend all of their time working on their game once they get a garanteed contract. If you aren't good enough after that first contract you wouldn't have improved more in college anyway over that period of time IMO.
Exactly.

It used to kill me when people would point to Paul Harris and say that he was a guy that was helped by the draft rules.

No he wasn't.

Exactly.

It used to kill me when people would point to Paul Harris and say that he was a guy that was helped by the draft rules.

No he wasn't.

Right that rule cost him millions because the scouts got to see him more in college and realized that he would struggle to play gaurd in the NBA and wasn't big enough to be an NBA 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom