MCW gets it | Syracusefan.com

MCW gets it

That was great to see. The scolding worked- Rak was a man after that.

Great of a point guard to find a guy who might be down and get him an easy bucket. Helped that Christmas made a great catch.

Anyone else notice Red Autry after the timeout telling the guys to talk to Rak? (at least that's what it looked like, and I replayed it a three times to make sure) That's what I love about having alumni as assistants - they know the deal, particularly when coach gets on someone. Keeps the chemistry strong, and the message still gets sent.

JB yells at Rak but keeps him in. Crucial! I was sure he was going out. Then I noticed that Rak got two nice buckets from MCW, but didn't realize MCW had whispered a little somethin' somethin' in his ear. Didn't notice Autry urging players to talk to Rak. JB Bad Cop; rest of team/coaches Good Cop. It worked! I will look for this on the replay.

JB yells at Rak but keeps him in. Crucial! I was sure he was going out. Then I noticed that Rak got two nice buckets from MCW, but didn't realize MCW had whispered a little somethin' somethin' in his ear. Didn't notice Autry urging players to talk to Rak. JB Bad Cop; rest of team/coaches Good Cop. It worked! I will look for this on the replay.

Credit where credit is due: I thought Christmas was coming out, too. Same deal on Monday when Boeheim spent half a timeout screaming at Cooney. Both times, the player stayed in the game. Both times, the player had a breakthrough (or, at the very least, a spurt of productivity).

I've hated the Boehiem quick-hook in the past; love to see that he's giving players an extended chance in early-season games. A far cry from the Bobby Lazor era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom