MCW has the chance to reassure us tonight | Syracusefan.com

MCW has the chance to reassure us tonight

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
The PS has an article about last year's game at Providence, how all his family and friends came out, and he sat on the bench. This is now his chance to shine, to return to the player of the 10 games or so before The Incident, to be a leader, to be unselfish, to distribute, and shoot the ball wisely. Will he play "up" to the moment, or will he play "down" - become over-excited, force things, use poor judgment? What sayeth the board?

I say he goes for 12 dimes. I also hope he stops shooting from the perimeter and finishes around the hoop.

Agree with Marsh, but I think he'll try and do too much at one point and have a sitdown with JB for a few minutes.
Agreed. I truly believe the kid loves the spotlight, which can be a positive and negative.

I think he has a great game because this will be his type game (style of play wise). There will be a few WTH plays but we will get that in every game from here on out.

20+ making 8 or so in the lane that he had been missing. Also 10+ assists.

I'd rather see what he does at the Nova/Louisville/Georgetown Games Not P.C.

After USF, Providence is just what the doctor ordered for MCW and our struggling offense. This game will be played in the 80s or 90s, and a lot of guys will be more confident at about 9 pm tonight.

I think the journey back for MCW starts tonight. I think he'll post great stats and we'll get the win.

I am also starting to believe that MCW is the key to the post-season. I think he has the potential to be that coveted elite talent who is surrounded by good players. He needs to improve, not only in his shooting percentage but to showing the things he did earlier against the better quality teams we will now be facing. The potential is clearly there but he needs to stop with the setbacks from distractions and get back on track. Today should be a good step in that direction.

As I have stated in another thread...for the sake of this site, I hope he does well as dual fball and bball meltdowns will probably kill the site...

I'd rather see what he does at the Nova/Louisville/Georgetown Games Not P.C.

Right. But we've got this game tonight, see, and anybody who's on this board is probably interested in how our PG is going to do now and against those other teams.

This could finally be the game when he gets that triple-double. I say 18 pts., 13 assists, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, and 5 turnovers.

GO ORANGE

Reassure us? He ain't reassuring me until he does something against a tough defense that pressures him.

Providence will play up and down. I'm sure he'll do well, but he isn't reassuring me of anything against them.

I think he'll be primed and will deliver in front of friends and family. 24pts, 12a, 6reb, 4st, 6to. & 3-8 at the line.:(

I think he'll be primed and will deliver in front of friends and family. 24pts, 12a, 6reb, 4st, 6to. & 3-8 at the line.:(

24 points, huh? So, will that be on 8-26 shooting and 7-16 from the line? :p

I think it is difficult to predict this because of Triche's recent play, including his improved decision making and passing (assists). If MCW can be content to facilitate the team instead of driving the team, which includes a somewhat more complementary role to Triche, I think he and the team will do very well going forward. This may mean a slight drop in assists (+/- 8 per game, maybe) but a steadier and less forced scoring role with more of his baskets occurring in the flow of the game. If he is "threatened" by Triche's emergence, then we are in trouble. But I feel/hope that things will come together rather than splinter apart.

Thoughts?

I think it is difficult to predict this because of Triche's recent play, including his improved decision making and passing (assists). If MCW can be content to facilitate the team instead of driving the team, which includes a somewhat more complementary role to Triche, I think he and the team will do very well going forward. This may mean a slight drop in assists (+/- 8 per game, maybe) but a steadier and less forced scoring role with more of his baskets occurring in the flow of the game. If he is "threatened" by Triche's emergence, then we are in trouble. But I feel/hope that things will come together rather than splinter apart.

Thoughts?
Bottom line is we need scoring from MCW, BT, CJ and JS. Anything else is gravy. If MCW does nothing but give assists, that's a big load on the other three.

Thoughts?
We could still have the good play of BT and improved play from MCW. During BT's good USF game, MCW took 13 shots. He only made one of them. There is room for both to have good statistics in the same game.

If you want MCW to take a more complementary role, I don't see why you would expect a decrease in assists. If he took less shots and passed more after drives, wouldn't you expect a slight rise in assists?

I prefer to see MCW dish alot of assists rebound, play tough defense, grab a few steals, and utilize the whole court on offense. But, Rak and Grant firstly got to step up for that to happen. If not Dajuan and Cooney(if they can stay on the floor).

Triche, Southerland, and Fair can't continue to carry all the load like @usf. 3 guys practically had all the points. Everyone else had 5 or less. Good to see southerland getting alot of shots against rutgers and usf I worry about him finding his shot against a tough defense.

We could still have the good play of BT and improved play from MCW. During BT's good USF game, MCW took 13 shots. He only made one of them. There is room for both to have good statistics in the same game.

If you want MCW to take a more complementary role, I don't see why you would expect a decrease in assists. If he took less shots and passed more after drives, wouldn't you expect a slight rise in assists?

The decrease in assists would be due to Triche's increased handling of the ball and getting more assists. But if things open up more then MCW's drives to the basket would hopefully lead to easier scores, or lend themselves to better passing opportunities, either on the interior or to the wings. This would be consistent with what you are saying, I believe. So you could be right and I certainly hope you are. They CAN both have good stats, but that is my point in being complementary. It isn't being outright deferential, but more appreciating and using each others talents for both their and the team's benefit.

MCW made his first shot against usf a 3 then missed the next 12.