MCW: Jay Bilas and Chad Ford top 10 Draft Prospects | Syracusefan.com

MCW: Jay Bilas and Chad Ford top 10 Draft Prospects

arbitragegls

All Conference
So here we go...looking like MCW is a certainty to go PRO if he keeps playing as he is. Interestingly, Bilas puts him at #4 pick and Ford at #9. The difference in what they say follows. I didnt know MCW was already 21...according to Ford that is a negative:

Bilas:

4. Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse Orange: Carter-Williams is the best point guard prospect in this year's draft, and has the best passing instincts, court vision and imagination. He can score and distribute the ball, and has the size (6-6, 185) to both deliver the ball over bigger defenders and to shoot over them. On the defensive end, Carter-Williams has size, length and excellent anticipation skills. In a game in which the point guard position is the closest equivalent to the quarterback position in football, Carter-Williams is worth taking this high.

Ford:

9. Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse Orange: Carter-Williams is clearly the best point guard in the country and a player capable of going in the top five on draft night. But I'm hesitant to put him that high for a couple of reasons. First, he's already 21 years old and will be 22 before he plays his first game in the NBA. Many of the players in his class are two years younger than he is, and age really matters to NBA talent evaluators. Second, NBA teams are taking a wait-and-see approach with Carter-Williams; they want to see him play against a tough, physical Big East schedule before they write him into the top five.

So they are already considering him a top 5 pick, he just needs to show up against tougher competition.

I think it's interesting that Ford - who has a better line on what the NBA looks for than does Bilas, who is a college guy - thinks that at 21 MCW may already be too old to get drafted in the Top Five.

food for thought for those of you who think 21 year old Roc won't jump if he is remotely in the conversation - and he is (Ford has him in the "others on the NBA radar" section of his Top Ten Sophomores post

I think it's interesting that Ford - who has a better line on what the NBA looks for than does Bilas, who is a college guy - thinks that at 21 MCW may already be too old to get drafted in the Top Five.

food for thought for those of you who think 21 year old Roc won't jump if he is remotely in the conversation - and he is (Ford has him in the "others on the NBA radar" section of his Top Ten Sophomores post

When JB said and I quote "He has turned the corner" in reference to Roc in the last presser I knew right then that this is Roc's last year!

if MCW plays how i think he is going to play in the BE, he will easily go #1.

Cody Zellar is the favorite for the top pick right now. he is a very good player - but he is certainly no Kris Humphries...

MCW's has no weakness outside of strength and outside shooting(which he doesn't need at the college level).
Hes a BEAST. I am already missing him in the future.

Regarding Rakeem, if he continues to show his versatile scoring arsenal that he did the other night, he's absolutely potentially gone. I mean he showed jump hooks, dunks, 17 footers, etc...and he's also knocking down his free throws, rebounding, and blocking shots. If he remains consistent with all of those aspects, he'll be gone. If he was a little taller, it wouldn't even be up for debate. I've always thought he had the potential to be a solid jump shooter; his one basket in the McD's game was a beautiful turnaround, fall away, after all.