MCW - King of versatility | Syracusefan.com

MCW - King of versatility

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
On the strength of near back-to-back triple doubles I thought I'd check Carter Williams' stats against his Rookie of the Year campaign. He's remarkably consistent scoring about a point less but increasing his assists by 1 a game. Rebounds dead even.
And since he is actually outrebounding LeBron this year, he is also the ONLY player in the NBA averaging more than 15 points, 7 assists and 6 rebound a game. Pretty impressive!

He either needs to start shooting it better or passing more. His shooting % is the only thing that is going to hurt him with that second contract.

I have a feeling the Sixers are going to draft Mudiay and either have both in the backcourt or move MCW.

He either needs to start shooting it better or passing more. His shooting % is the only thing that is going to hurt him with that second contract.

I have a feeling the Sixers are going to draft Mudiay and either have both in the backcourt or move MCW.
I agree that he needs to up his shooting percentage but the passing more is not as easy as it sounds considering the players he has on that team. It's amazing to me that he gets that many assists to begin with.

He is a 10-12 PPG scorer on a good team. Not a shooter, but he is forced to score now.

But that is fine - one of the worst things a team can do is load up on guys that expect usage. Every great team needs guys who can do other things like MCW.

He has to have that Rondo mind set, although he's probably a better shooter at this point in his career than Rondo was at the same point.

They have to move him at some point, no? The chitter-chatter (jibber-jabber) never seems to go away.

Ghost said:
They have to move him at some point, no? The chitter-chatter (jibber-jabber) never seems to go away.

They want a top 8 pick for him, doubt they'll get that honestly. I don't think they expect to get it, smoke and mirrors IMO.

They want a top 8 pick for him, doubt they'll get that honestly. I don't think they expect to get it, smoke and mirrors IMO.

Translation: The Sixers are poorly managed

I don't know if it's poor management. I think you always have to monitor the market. What if the Celtics wanted to bring MCW home to help sell tickets and were willing to deal 2 of the 1st-rd picks they've picked up from Brooklyn? Not likely, but I think it's fair for Philly to wonder if he'll ever become a good enough shooter.

In the end, I think he stays and they pair him with another combo guard.

Brooky03 said:
Translation: The Sixers are poorly managed

I actually think they're closer than people think they are.

Embiid will be there next year to go along with Noel and MCW. Saric soon, he should be solid. Then they have their tank pick which should be top 5, and Miami's pick which could be mid first round. They'll still have a TON of cash to play around with for years to come.

I think they're doing the smart thing, I'd rather tank and blow a couple of years and be a possible title contender than be an 8 seed or worse with no idea what you're doing year to year and then just end up bad. Look at the Knicks.

I actually think they're closer than people think they are.

Embiid will be there next year to go along with Noel and MCW. Saric soon, he should be solid. Then they have their tank pick which should be top 5, and Miami's pick which could be mid first round. They'll still have a TON of cash to play around with for years to come.

I think they're doing the smart thing, I'd rather tank and blow a couple of years and be a possible title contender than be an 8 seed or worse with no idea what you're doing year to year and then just end up bad. Look at the Knicks.
The other thing is - they aren't going to be able to sign worthwhile free agents right now. They'd need to overpay. That would make them a little better, but not really competitive. So, sit on the cap room, make the draft picks, develop your youth, and then maybe two off 'seasons from now you start strategically adding free agents. Boom, contender.

two3zone said:

I don't get this. So, you are saying the Sixers want an 8th pick or better for a guy who averages 16 pts, 6 rbs, and 7 ast 2 years in a row. Lol, I don't pay a ton of attention to the NBA but he is a mi level star at this point. There are so many lottery busts that they are insane to give up such a quality PG.

Shermthegeneral said:
I don't get this. So, you are saying the Sixers want an 8th pick or better for a guy who averages 16 pts, 6 rbs, and 7 ast 2 years in a row. Lol, I don't pay a ton of attention to the NBA but he is a mi level star at this point. There are so many lottery busts that they are insane to give up such a quality PG.

There is more to the numbers than just counting stats. Look at his turnovers and shooting percentage.

I think MCW can be one of the best point guards in the league, but his shooting is suspect.