MCW, Melo and drunkeness... | Syracusefan.com

MCW, Melo and drunkeness...

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I will preface this post with the fact that I am a die hard 2nd-third shifter, thus it sshould not be mocked my 2 bottles of wine deep post at occurs at 6:34 am initially...

Way back in 2003 I made a post on the old syracusefan.com board on the the eve of my road trip to E Lansing I think it was 2-22-03 wherein I alluded I thought there was a chance that team really had a great chance to win the beautiful glass basketball I truly gazed longingly at in the Breslin center with the friend I watched the 2000 Mo Peterson comeback nightmare with that made it possible...

After getting out at 2 and a couple bottle of Montezuma I realized/foresaw something.

There is no team the county better when Syracuse is on and Syracuse will be on for 6 games in March.

Screw Indiana Screw Duke. Screw Ville. Screw Michigan, Screw Florida, Screw Kansas etc.

This team, led by freakishly super socially disobedient demi-god and future NBA rock star Michael Carter-Williams, with a hose of up to and including 8 supporting characters is going to win the National Title. I can honestly say that I truly feet that Syracuse playing its best basketball will can beat any other team in the country.

And knees/suspensions aside I have not felt that way since about late February 2003.

I now this is a rush to March and specifically about 2330 on 4-8-13, but a day and a decade in between is fate, and I am calling it first.

This is a rare moment when liking your own post and/or replying to it is completely acceptable. Sweet Dreams DNABB

You say you haven't had "the feeling" since 2003. What did you feel for our '10 team and last year's team? Because they surely could have done it if not for . . . (can't bear to type the words).

Anyway, I'm not going to rain on your parade, because it's my parade, too!

You say you haven't had "the feeling" since 2003. What did you feel for our '10 team and last year's team? Because they surely could have done it if not for . . . (can't bear to type the words).

Anyway, I'm not going to rain on your parade, because it's my parade, too!
I know what he means. I too had the "feeling" in 2003, except I got it after the loss to Memphis. I mean we had a freshman go off for 29. Never saw that before.
I thought 09-10 and 11-12 could do it but never had the "feeling".

And knees/suspensions aside I have not felt that way since about late February 2003.
I've been telling everyone this, I'm getting the 2003 vibe more every day. MCW is our most impactful player since Melo.

I will preface this post with the fact that I am a die hard 2nd-third shifter, thus it sshould not be mocked my 2 bottles of wine deep post at occurs at 6:34 am initially...

Way back in 2003 I made a post on the old syracusefan.com board on the the eve of my road trip to E Lansing I think it was 2-22-03 wherein I alluded I thought there was a chance that team really had a great chance to win the beautiful glass basketball I truly gazed longingly at in the Breslin center with the friend I watched the 2000 Mo Peterson comeback nightmare with that made it possible...

After getting out at 2 and a couple bottle of Montezuma I realized/foresaw something.

There is no team the county better when Syracuse is on and Syracuse will be on for 6 games in March.

Screw Indiana Screw Duke. Screw Ville. Screw Michigan, Screw Florida, Screw Kansas etc.

This team, led by freakishly super socially disobedient demi-god and future NBA rock star Michael Carter-Williams, with a hose of up to and including 8 supporting characters is going to win the National Title. I can honestly say that I truly feet that Syracuse playing its best basketball will can beat any other team in the country.

I now this is a rush to March and specifically about 2330 on 4-8-13, but a day and a decade in between is fate, and I am calling it first.

while reading this i actually had a drunk voice doing the talking word by word.

the difference with this team and 2003...this year im almost bored watching the games because i dont think anyone can match up with us. 2003 there were some games that made me nervous..uconn for example. There is not one team in the country that worries me with this team.

count this one for bumpage next april.. if we stay healthy and eligible, im all in like its 03 again too

while reading this i actually had a drunk voice doing the talking word by word.

drunk uncle?

image.jpg

Is this a gut feel, which is coincidentally never wrong? Are you sorry?

I love this post! I had the feeling in'10 though. ugh.

I had the "feeling" when we had that 54-13 run on Gerogia Tech to close out the half. I've yet to see anything like that this year. But the season is still young.

Alas, no such "feeling" here has been detected. Too much yet for this team to show/prove. I didn't start to get the "feeling" in 2003 until we went into East Lansing and beat Izzo. Then it took Billy Edelin vs. Okl State, and then Melo scoring all 18 of his points in the second half vs. Auburn to keep that feeling going...

I also have that feeling. I had it before the Arkansas game. I was talking to a UNC fan and a Duke fan and started going off: "We have MCW who is going to be a lottery pick, heck we can win the Big East again. Heck, we can be a 1 seed again." Then I though about Indiana and Duke as the top teams and had a sudden on the spot epiphany: "Hell, we might win the National Championship!". The others guy started groaning, but I wasn't being sarcastic.

No teams really scare me this year like Kentucky last year. MCW has the right head on his shoulders (at least when he is on the court) and is emotionally solid enough to take us there. We have a couple experienced guys in Southerland and Triche. Great young talent, and oh yeah, the 3rd and soon to be 2nd winningest (is that a word) coach of all time. Enough of this cautious optimism. I never became a fan so I can be one of these cautious optimistic people. Where is the joy in your life. I'm going all in with this team. Full emotional investment, baby. Let's do this, I'm not afraid of getting my feelings hurt.

We're going ALL THE WAY this year. No 7 ft goon named Cody is going to stop us.

I only got the "feeling" in '03 down the stretch of the Auburn game in the Sweet 16. A calmness came over me that I don't normally have in a fairly tight game in the tourney.

Just have to tell you... I really enjoyed that post!

I only got the "feeling" in '03 down the stretch of the Auburn game in the Sweet 16. A calmness came over me that I don't normally have in a fairly tight game in the tourney.

Why do people remember this game as tight? It was the closest scoring blowout ever. They made like 6 threes in the last five minutes and one at the horn.

More sober retrospect, let me say I really had the feeling the first time watching the McD game where Melo had like 7 assists and just looked special. That Memphis game was the last time I went to the garden and Melo had 27 not 29 because Jonny Flynn has 28 in his first game. I think GMac was 5-14.

Why do people remember this game as tight? It was the closest scoring blowout ever. They made like 6 threes in the last five minutes and one at the horn.

More sober retrospect, let me say I really had the feeling the first time watching the McD game where Melo had like 7 assists and just looked special. That Memphis game was the last time I went to the garden and Melo had 27 not 29 because Jonny Flynn has 28 in his first game. I think GMac was 5-14.

I was just thinking about that game while reading this post. Carmelo made a long bounce pass on a fast break for a dunk, and I realized we had an elite all-world level player coming in. MCW has that future NBA all-star look too. I think it's going to be a fun year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom