MCW NBA | Syracusefan.com

MCW NBA

anomander

Living Legend
Chad Ford now has him as the #1 PG and top 10 pick on his NBA Draft big board. I see him climbing even higher after he continues to dominate. That basically makes it a virtual lock for him to leave early. Was kind of prepared for it, but who hoping to get at least 3 years from him. Do you think JB tries to get another guard if he does leave, or will he stick with who he has coming in? Would be real nice to have the option to get Rshyeed Jordan now

With Patterson and Gnibje available next year, along with Ennis presumably the starting PG, we are actually in slightly better shape @ guard next year... in quantity not quality. Landing Jordan would be gravy.

Guard rotation, as is, will be Ennis and Cooney/Gbinije as starters, and then whichever doesn't start along with Patterson coming off the bench. If Jordan comes, does that bump Silent G to the SF position?

With Patterson and Gnibje available next year, along with Ennis presumably the starting PG, we are actually in slightly better shape @ guard next year... in quantity not quality.

Haha I almost spit up after reading the bolded section before I read the last part which I underlined. Good save. ;)

Either way your going to be counting a ton of 3 guys who have never produced at this level to go along with Cooney. Waiters emergence almost out of no where may catch up to JB. Only having 3 guards this year is pushing it. I hold my breathe every time MCW/Triche drive to the hoop. With our luck i'm just waiting for something to happen.

we are going after dakari with mcw's schollie.

my theory :)p) is that JB has known all summer that mcw was leaving and thats why we have continued to pursue dakari even when we "ran out of scholarships"

One other guard option to consider, even though he probably won't be physically ready - don't a lot of people project BJ Johnson as a 2/3, rather than just a straight up 3?

i see Chinoso, and maybe Johnson red shirting. at least chinoso. Assuming he leaves I can't see him using the open scholarship on another big, besides Dakari. Just really have to hope Ennis, Patterson, Radio really develop as an elite college guard because they will be clogging up the backcourt for the next 3 years

Have to imagine BJ Johnson redshirts if Rak and Coleman stay. You would have C0leman and Keita at Center. Rak at PF and some center. CJ and Grant at Fowards. Then Roberson and johnson come in as fowards. So he has Rak, CJ and Grant ahead of him at Forward and then he has to beat out Roberson for minutes. If he has 2 guard skills he has to be out Gjimbe, Cooney, and Patterson. Probably his best shot his to beat out Roberson and get Grant type minutes as a freshman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom