MCW on Naismith list | Syracusefan.com

MCW on Naismith list

Surprised there was no discussion about this. Personally, it boggles my mind that MCW made this list, while at the same time neither CJ nor Triche made the cut. Particularly Triche. While I personally like CJ better as a player, Triche just had the honor (or jinx) of being on one of the four Sports Illustrated regional covers this year for their pre-season basketball issue. And he is not one of the top-50 candidates, while a sophomore with virtually no game experience is??? Come on now, this is just silly.

I don't understand why fans believe that scouts, awards, and projections based on college game performance. They are not many scouts discount college game completely except for a few stats like rebounding, the pro-game is considered a different game with different rules MCW is built for the NBA. Organizations like Naismith want to associate themselves with future pros. The funny thing is Brandon made the opening list last year and its not like he got worse.

I don't understand why fans believe that scouts, awards, and projections based on college game performance. They are not many scouts discount college game completely except for a few stats like rebounding, the pro-game is considered a different game with different rules MCW is built for the NBA. Organizations like Naismith want to associate themselves with future pros. The funny thing is Brandon made the opening list last year and its not like he got worse.

BT and CJ are known. Even with a marginal increase in production, they aren't anywhere near what it takes to be in national POY contention. This isn't a knock on either, they are great, but they aren't elite.

MCW, while clearly not having produced like BT and CJ, is viewed as having much more upside, not only for the NBA, but also for college. He is a huge PG. Now, it may be that he doesn't come close to being POY, but based on what JB has said, based on his limited play and based on his measureables, those in power will put him on the list.

BT and CJ are known. Even with a marginal increase in production, they aren't anywhere near what it takes to be in national POY contention. This isn't a knock on either, they are great, but they aren't elite.

MCW, while clearly not having produced like BT and CJ, is viewed as having much more upside, not only for the NBA, but also for college. He is a huge PG. Now, it may be that he doesn't come close to being POY, but based on what JB has said, based on his limited play and based on his measureables, those in power will put him on the list.

Sure but it is rare the player with the best numbers wins the award. Davis won it because he is projected to be the best pro. Thomas Robinson's numbers blew Davis' away but Robinson had no shot at the award.

Davis was a better player than Robinson, but Robinson was much more valuable to his team. Davis played with a much better team therefore didn't have to do as much and still put up 14, 10, and five blocks.

Not surprised at all. Not really that hard to do the math.

He's the only great ball-handler on the team, so he's going to have the ball in his hands almost all season. Therefore, he's going to be able to put up great stats, something in the 15-5-5 area wouldn't really be surprising at all in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he at least ends up All Big East 1st team if not a borderline All-American.

Davis was a better player than Robinson, but Robinson was much more valuable to his team. Davis played with a much better team therefore didn't have to do as much and still put up 14, 10, and five blocks.

So there was no talent on Kansas? Davis has more upside because of his size and length but not more game than Robinson did last year. 10 years ago the award went to the best college now it goes to the best future pro. Melo didn't winning because he was a freshmen and his numbers dwarfed Davis'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom