MCW overdose | Syracusefan.com

MCW overdose

Flacusian

All Conference
Hey, the kid has a ton of talent and can do some remarkable things, but he's lost his compass point as to what he needs to do to help this team. I know he is the point guard and the offense runs though him but he's no longer facilitating the rest of the team to enable the offense to be effective. More emphasis should be placed on getting CJ integrated into scoring. Defensively Michael's game has taken a step backwards as well. With all the trips down the floor which came up "goose eggs" I have to believe that setting up some opportunities for Cooney to take a few 3's could only have helped. The offense became completely and utterly stagnant and predictable.

It seems like sometimes JB gives one player too much rope and the situation with MCW seems like one of those instances. God I hope we get JS back soon because it's become painful watching this team trying to score. This is the portion of the season when everything is supposed to be coming together rather than falling apart. I know that it was a tough venue and we don't do well there against Pitt and in the big scheme of things we have only lost 3 games, but it seems like there are some negative trends beginning to emerge. I've got faith that JB will get it fixed and getting JS back will help us start playing really well again.

I understand the ovrerated bits, but hes done a heck of alot more then cooney and rak as sophmores(and I like Cooneys defensive hustle today). And he is playing a leader role on top of it. Thats what leaders do get out of their comfort zone. Hes a pass first point guard who sets up others thats now trying to score more because
1.we only have 3 other scorers,
2. have no other 7-8 shots per game isolation threat
3. have lost our best spot up shooter.
4. have nobody to catch the ball and go up strong in the post for Mike to dish to.

No reason to attack him because hes a pg that is a pretty good driver and outside shooter for a sophmore who lacks strength. Just look at how much stronger Carmelo Anthony got after he left syracuse.

Consider all he did is pass everytime he had the ball. We all would say he has to try to score more because we need it, and probably lose either way.

Disliking a kid because hes going to go pro before he blossoms fully is Fair, afterall we are syracuse fans first and we want a kid to sacrifice a whole year so we can maybe go to the final four or better. I use to feel the same way.

I would love to have him back next year even if it did drop our fg% 3-4% and add another turnover or two. I think he could really break out with another year to smooth himself out.

I understand the ovrerated bits, but hes done a heck of alot more then cooney and rak as sophmores(and I like Cooneys defensive hustle today). And he is playing a leader role on top of it. Thats what leaders do get out of their comfort zone. Hes a pass first point guard who sets up others thats now trying to score more because
1.we only have 3 other scorers,
2. have no other 7-8 shots per game isolation threat
3. have lost our best spot up shooter.
4. have nobody to catch the ball and go up strong in the post for Mike to dish to.

No reason to attack him because hes a pg that is a pretty good driver and outside shooter for a sophmore who lacks strength. Just look at how much stronger Carmelo Anthony got after he left syracuse.

Consider all he did is pass everytime he had the ball. We all would say he has to try to score more because we need it, and probably lose either way.

Disliking a kid because hes going to go pro before he blossoms fully is Fair, afterall we are syracuse fans first and we want a kid to sacrifice a whole year so we can maybe go to the final four or better. I use to feel the same way.

I would love to have him back next year even if it did drop our fg% 3-4% and add another turnover or two. I think he could really break out with another year to smooth himself out.

Great post. Seriously.

Hey, the kid has a ton of talent and can do some remarkable things, but he's lost his compass point as to what he needs to do to help this team. I know he is the point guard and the offense runs though him but he's no longer facilitating the rest of the team to enable the offense to be effective. More emphasis should be placed on getting CJ integrated into scoring. Defensively Michael's game has taken a step backwards as well. With all the trips down the floor which came up "goose eggs" I have to believe that setting up some opportunities for Cooney to take a few 3's could only have helped. The offense became completely and utterly stagnant and predictable.

It seems like sometimes JB gives one player too much rope and the situation with MCW seems like one of those instances. God I hope we get JS back soon because it's become painful watching this team trying to score. This is the portion of the season when everything is supposed to be coming together rather than falling apart. I know that it was a tough venue and we don't do well there against Pitt and in the big scheme of things we have only lost 3 games, but it seems like there are some negative trends beginning to emerge. I've got faith that JB will get it fixed and getting JS back will help us start playing really well again.

I really don't get this? Who do you expect him to pass to? There are 2 options right now, Triche and Fair. Triche was a no show today, and Fair is being taken away. Once Big East play started the scouting on MCW has changed. No longer are teams offering help defense, they are staying home and forcing him to finish himself. Obviously that's not his strong suit right now, but he is taking what is given at this time. Maybe JB needs to take some of the pressure off him? How about letting Triche do some of the ball handling, and let MCW work off the ball? MCW never went around touting himself as this all-american, it was the same people now tearing him apart. Pretty pathetic. Let's wait to write this team off until we get JS back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom