MCW shooting woes | Syracusefan.com

MCW shooting woes

iommi

Living Legend
I said a few weeks ago I had a big concern that teams would sag off MCW as soon as the book was out on him. Sure enough, that is exactly what is happening. His outside shot is not good at all; he doesn't get enough arc on his shot and rarely gets a shooter's roll. Unless he improves, teams will just dare him to shoot, making it more difficult for him to find passing lanes too.

And then, there is his foul shooting.

I'll also add that he has fallen in love with the floater.

MCW can be great. Humble and hungry was not just Dion's motto, it needs to be MCW's. Time for him to stay in the gym after practice and work on that j.

I said a few weeks ago I had a big concern that teams would sag off MCW as soon as the book was out on him. Sure enough, that is exactly what is happening. His outside shot is not good at all; he doesn't get enough arc on his shot and rarely gets a shooter's roll. Unless he improves, teams will just dare him to shoot, making it more difficult for him to find passing lanes too.

And then, there is his foul shooting.

I'll also add that he has fallen in love with the floater.

MCW can be great. Humble and hungry was not just Dion's motto, it needs to be MCW's. Time for him to stay in the gym after practice and work on that j.

1. MCW was shooting over 80% from the line going into this game and he sealed the deal against Detroit with his free throw shooting.
2. After that awful 3 point shooting start, he had made 7 of his last 19 before either this game or the Detroit one (can't remember which). That isn't great, but it's also respectable. And his arc has been much better lately.
3. Dion didn't have great shot selection either. He fell in love with his own jumpshot way too easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom